+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0213 - IT PROJECT MANAGER

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Those who have applied / landed under NOC 0213 - IT Project Manager category, let us all form a thread and share our thought and experience. Please join the thread and post your experiences.

Those who have already landed in Canada under this category - IT Project Manager, please share your experience on your job hunt. Please suggest which city in Canada would be the best place to land for finding the job under this category.

I am from Chennai, India. I have sent full documentation to New Delhi Visa office on Aug 12, 2010 and waiting for the next move.

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
Hi,

My name is Imran. I have applied in same category. I sent my final documents to CHC delhi on 5th May 2010. I have thought of Toronto as Landing city.

What technology are you working in and what is your total experience? I am working as Dotnet developer and have got 4+ years of experience.

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Hi Imran,
I too have Toronto as my landing city in my mind. I am working as Project Manager with Mainframe Technology background. I have around 10+ years of experience in IT. Which state are you located in India.

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
I am in Surat, Gujarat.

P

pv

Toronto has wider market for IT jobs, if you compare with other cities in canada

you can do some google and find out the nature of job postings, what I have found here is most of the openings
are in -
VB,.Net,microsoft technologies ,Web Development,QA tester and SQA Analyst
followed by positions in Java,c/c++,mainframe and etc... like DBA,IT Analyst and Support

Getting a IT manager job is not that easy, i would say 95% chances are that any IT manager who does not have exp in canada or USA with real managerial exp, you will not be offered a PM position.

Here IT managers are of 15-20 yrs of exp.

But its not tough to get IT programmer jobs and other non-managerial jobs in IT

Good luck

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Hi PV
I am the USA and working as project manager and have applied under NOC 0213. I was wondering how Canadian companies evaluate US experience? Do you have any idea?

pv said:
Toronto has wider market for IT jobs, if you compare with other cities in canada

you can do some google and find out the nature of job postings, what I have found here is most of the openings
are in -
VB,.Net,microsoft technologies ,Web Development,QA tester and SQA Analyst
followed by positions in Java,c/c++,mainframe and etc... like DBA,IT Analyst and Support

Getting a IT manager job is not that easy, i would say 95% chances are that any IT manager who does not have exp in canada or USA with real managerial exp, you will not be offered a PM position.

Here IT managers are of 15-20 yrs of exp.

But its not tough to get IT programmer jobs and other non-managerial jobs in IT

Good luck

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
BHASKARA777 said:
Those who have applied / landed under NOC 0213 - IT Project Manager category, let us all form a thread and share our thought and experience. Please join the thread and post your experiences.

Those who have already landed in Canada under this category - IT Project Manager, please share your experience on your job hunt. Please suggest which city in Canada would be the best place to land for finding the job under this category.

I am from Chennai, India. I have sent full documentation to New Delhi Visa office on Aug 12, 2010 and waiting for the next move.
Bhaskara - Did you get reference letter from your employer? How did you overcame that problem.

I am with one of the Big IT company as a Project Manager with 10 years experience. I dont think my HR will give a letter with my roles and responsibilities at various stages of my career.

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks PV... I have US Project Manager experience as well. I have worked in US(North Carolina) for 1.5 years. I hope I should be able to get into Project Manager role in Canada. Apart from that I am also preparing for the PMP certificate which will add value to my experience.

After getting my PR, I am planning to attend interview for Canada positions from India. Friends... has anyone in this forum ever got job offer by attending interview in India? Please let me know which method you all used for attending client interview from India for Canada jobs.

Also please let me know the cost of living in Toronto ie the calculation of all the expenses in Toronto per month for a family(Main applicant, wife and a kid).

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Hi,
I have provided my official mail communication as one of the proof to justify my PM role. I did not produce any reference letter from the HR. But if they insist for that letter after reviewing my application, then I may have to try from my HR. Hope it will be a smooth process.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
I had heard that this NOC-0213 is removed from the list!!!!!

Can we still apply under this NOC..? Plss telll.

P

pv

harryy - Post 6/26, you can not apply under NOC 0213

WaitingForPR_09 - Some companies prefer north american working exp, hence we get some advantage of having exp from USA, My situation is same as your's. Though I moved to my companies canada office so it was kind of easy to get onto PM role and position.

BHASKARA777 - Getting PM position and role is not very easy here, it all depends on the then requirement. SO please come with the mind set of taking Sr programmer job.
AS you have mentioned you have USA PM exp and preparing for PMP, this will give you edge over non PMP's and non north american PM exp.. good luck

Very minimal chances of getting job from India without coming to canada

Monthly cost of living for the family composition you have mentioned - $2000

It depends on how VO look at your proof of PM responsibility... better be prepared with reference letter from your immeidate boss or HR

- Good luck to all NOC 0213 candidate

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
PV.. are you in India or landed in Canada ? If in Canada please let me know which city you are located and which role you play in your current assignment whether PM role or senior programmer role ?

P

pv

I am in toronto
I am PM ( as I have mentioned in my last post I moved to my companies canada office so it was easy for me to get PM position, i did not spend effort and time to get job here, I came here with job in hand , it was company transfer)