+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update in application status - Help needed

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I got AOR on April 24, 2017
Medical was passed on May June 20,2017
I was asked to submit PCC from Singapore which I did it on July 27.

I have not got any response from CIC. My back ground status has not started but people who have applied after me have got their PPR.

Following is the status on CIC

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Kindly let me know what could be the reason of delay and how can i resolve this ?

Thanks.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
I got AOR on April 24, 2017
Medical was passed on May June 20,2017
I was asked to submit PCC from Singapore which I did it on July 27.

I have not got any response from CIC. My back ground status has not started but people who have applied after me have got their PPR.

Following is the status on CIC

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Kindly let me know what could be the reason of delay and how can i resolve this ?

Thanks.
Sorry to hear such delay.
First thing you should do is check spam folder of your registered email with your mycic account, remember if you ever gave any other email address to them before,check spam folder of that email too.

If nothing, then best way to check what's happeing with your file is to order GCMS notes or call cic & ask them what stage is your file, what has been done like eligibility, criminality etc.

I hope you get your ppr soon.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
I'm on the same boat as you. Aor April 07, sent HKPCC at the end of July. All I know is my eligibility was done after talking to an agent last week.

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I'm on the same boat as you. Aor April 07, sent HKPCC at the end of July. All I know is my eligibility was done after talking to an agent last week.
Thanks a lot.for the reply I spoke with the agent yesterday and they informed me that even completeness check is not done. They said they have kept my application aside as we submitted PCC later. Do you think should i call and inform request them to process quickly or they will do it on their own ?

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Sorry to hear such delay.
First thing you should do is check spam folder of your registered email with your mycic account, remember if you ever gave any other email address to them before,check spam folder of that email too.

If nothing, then best way to check what's happeing with your file is to order GCMS notes or call cic & ask them what stage is your file, what has been done like eligibility, criminality etc.

I hope you get your ppr soon.
Thanks a lot.for the reply I spoke with the agent yesterday and they informed me that even completeness check is not done. They said they have kept my application aside as we submitted PCC later. Do you think should i call and inform request them to process quickly or they will do it on their own ?

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Talk to them again and see what else is pending. Just be nice and ask if they can put you back in the queue. You got nothing to lose.

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Talk to them again and see what else is pending. Just be nice and ask if they can put you back in the queue. You got nothing to lose.
Thanks a lot for your response. i spoke with them yesterday and I was informed that they do not have any information as it is forwarded to local visa center. I need to contact my local visa center if it is not processed with in 6 months ? But i cannot see any change in my application status. what does it mean ?

Thanks

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
You can still email yoir local VO before 6months, although they may not respond. Some said they got responses in minutes. Give it a try.

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Your status is similar to mine (even the bgc shows ip1, never moved to na2 - this is because of pcc post-AOR, nothing to worry).
The only issue for you is that it seems that you're transferred to SGVO for officer review (instead of to CPC Ottawa), which is awfully overloaded. You didn't disclose your VO, so it's just my guess. If it was the case, please join us at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/singapore-vo-lets-connect.514184
Thanks a lot. I will join the thread.
For me bgs status is Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Does this mean I am in IP1? Thanks

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Thanks a lot. I will join the thread.
For me bgs status is Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Does this mean I am in IP1? Thanks
It's IP1. But there's nothing to worry about this Ip1/na2.
SGVO is a real trouble

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
It's IP1. But there's nothing to worry about this Ip1/na2.
SGVO is a real trouble
Thanks a lot . I submitted my PCC on July 26 but they never forwarded my file to SVGO until I spoke with the agent. Hopefully SVGO picks up the file.

Last edited:

vills

Oct 24, 2017
hi there!

any update on your application? i HOPE you got your PR already!

mine is the exact same thing as this status at the moment.
Singapore too. no status change for 3 months after SGPCC.