+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No status on the Original Application, can I send a new one?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have applied for the Grant of Citizenship on 12th of Sep and it was received by CIC on the 15th of Sep 2014. Since then I dont have any information in regards to my applications status. I have called CIC couple of times and they dont have anything either. I was wondering if I send a new application what would happen to it? Is it going to create an issue or how does it work ??

Thanks

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
So basically it has only been about 2 and half months? Oh gosh, just relax. It took them 3 and half months to open my application.

IRCANADA said:
Hello,

I have applied for the Grant of Citizenship on 12th of Sep and it was received by CIC on the 15th of Sep 2014. Since then I dont have any information in regards to my applications status. I have called CIC couple of times and they dont have anything either. I was wondering if I send a new application what would happen to it? Is it going to create an issue or how does it work ??

Thanks

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have mentioned that they are working on the applications received on October 1st. So thats why I am trying to send a new application. CIC agents also advised me to do the same
jujuberanch said:
So basically it has only been about 2 and half months? Oh gosh, just relax. It took them 3 and half months to open my application.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
well if you have made up your mind already, then why do you still need advice from us?

IRCANADA said:
They have mentioned that they are working on the applications received on October 1st. So thats why I am trying to send a new application. CIC agents also advised me to do the same

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Relax dude, I wanted to see whether anyone went through the same exact process in the past. I mean if you have sent your application and it was received on a certain date, and CIC told you that theya re working on the applications which they have been received on a later date than your application.
I wanted to know the outcome.

Thanks anyways eh jujuberanch ;)
jujuberanch said:
well if you have made up your mind already, then why do you still need advice from us?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
that is exactly what happened to me. the agent at the time also advised me to resend the application as he was sure that my application had been lost or misplaced. but i decided to wait a bit longer. and my patience was rewarded in the end.

if you know for a fact that they have received your application package, then there is little to worry about. sooner or later it will be opened and processed.

IRCANADA said:
Relax dude, I wanted to see whether anyone went through the same exact process in the past. I mean if you have sent your application and it was received on a certain date, and CIC told you that theya re working on the applications which they have been received on a later date than your application.
I wanted to know the outcome.

Thanks anyways eh jujuberanch ;)

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Hello,

Thanks
U can send it, it wouldn't create any problem. You can include a cover letter which explains why you are sending the duplicate. I have done it in the past.
However, I suggest you should wait until mid Jan. CIC does not open packets in order, I can confirm this 100%.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello LondonOntario,

Thank you so much for the the advice. I guess i should wait then eh. Wish me luck dude..

londonOntario said:
U can send it, it wouldn't create any problem. You can include a cover letter which explains why you are sending the duplicate. I have done it in the past.
However, I suggest you should wait until mid Jan. CIC does not open packets in order, I can confirm this 100%.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
but the fact that they don't open it in order comes across as so unprofessional. One would think they would time stamp and it generally is a FIFO approach (First in First out) !

Good Luck IRCANADA !

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I've started to think that in general all the staff is working inefficiently and who is in charge as a political party at the moment doesn't really matter. That mess with CIC is there for a long time.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Hello LondonOntario,

Thank you so much for the the advice. I guess i should wait then eh. Wish me luck dude..
I would advise to wait till January end and then call CIC for next steps. It is now holiday season and a lot of employees take off or work in a relaxed environment. So, this month things could move slowly...

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Us2yow,

This is what makes me frustrated. They are a government agency and we expect more from these agencies.
us2yow said:
but the fact that they don't open it in order comes across as so unprofessional. One would think they would time stamp and it generally is a FIFO approach (First in First out) !

Good Luck IRCANADA !

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
And when you read of how hi-tech and streamlined citizenship processing is in places like Australia and NZ and US...you wonder.....

it's embarrassing...but it was SUPER embarrassing earlier when they had the scandalous backlogs and mess-ups.

BUt ...Hey.... Maybe "less embarrassing" is an index of progress made (if you look at it from an organizational viewpoint). ! ?? :-X