+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No savings and a senior citizen from the Philippines got a 5 years visitors visa

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Are you in Canada and want to invite your parents to visit you?

I arrived in Canada in August 2014 as a caregiver. I was a bit skeptical to apply for a Supervisa because she has diabetes so I tried visitor's visa instead.

After gathering all the documents needed, we submitted them to Canadian Embassy in Manila. To my surprise, her visa was approved in only 4 working days..I also thought that she will be approved for 6 months only because I mentioned on my letter that she will be staying with me for 5 months. To my surprise, she was given 5 years visa.

www.ofwstories.com/how-a-filipino-senior-citizen-got-a-5-year-tourist-visa-to-canada/

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly0920 said:

I arrived in Canada in August 2014 as a caregiver. I was a bit skeptical to apply for a Supervisa because she has diabetes so I tried visitor's visa instead.

After gathering all the documents needed, ipinasa namin iyon sa Canadian Embassy in Manila. To my surprise, her visa was approved in only 4 working days..I also thought that she will be approved for 6 months only because I mentioned on my letter that she will be staying with me for 5 months. To my surprise, she was given 5 years visa.

www.ofwstories.com/how-a-filipino-senior-citizen-got-a-5-year-tourist-visa-to-canada/
miracles are part of life.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Yes, Visa officers are sometimes not so strict when the applicant is either a minor or a senior...
My aunt who is 62 years old was approved too, she has no savings as well and the only thing we showed was her pay slips that's P15,000 a month. She was approved for Multiple Visa and that's up to the validity of her passport (5 years)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly0920 said:

After gathering all the documents needed, we submitted them to Canadian Embassy in Manila. To my surprise, her visa was approved in only 4 working days..I also thought that she will be approved for 6 months only because I mentioned on my letter that she will be staying with me for 5 months. To my surprise, she was given 5 years visa.

;D ;D ;D - Enjoy having your mom with you and kudos for fulfilling her dreams....

.../atb

aleakim

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly0920 said:

hi! question, when was the passport request? did she received it back with the visa yet?
thanks!

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
aleakim said:
hi! question, when was the passport request? did she received it back with the visa yet?
thanks!
Hi there,

My mom is already here in Canada for almost a month.. It was a paper application so her passport was submitted with her papers.. She submitted her papers on March 6 and her visa was stamped on her passport on March 12.. She arrived here in Canada on April 9th..

cathy1984

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Hi. Everyone. I would like to ask if necessary to get a medical insurance for my mom though she gonna in canada for 6 months? Im planning to apply a supervisa this month.tia

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
the 5 year visa means she will not have to reapply for a visitor visa until her passport expires. as a visitor she is still only allowed to visit for 6 months from date of entry, just like anyone else from a visa exempt country.

yes, for any visitor you should buy medical insurance before the trip commences, otherwise you may be refused insurance, have to qualify by having a medical or be denied benefits if there was ever a problem that might have started prior to your visit. i use www.safevisit.ca

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ei guys,

question, is your mom came alone from phils to canada? d ba sla nahirapan I mean nag travel sla alone? im just wondering coz na change ang travel plan namin. She supposed to travel with my sisters family pero nag change ng sched mga sis ko coz pasukan na June 1 so christmas nalgn sila pupunta. Mauuna na ang mother ko which is 71 yrs old d naman sha mashado marunong mag english. papa wheelchair ko sana pero d ako sure kung pano ang mga bagage nya ang interview etc. any info?

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
cathy1984 said:
Hi. Everyone. I would like to ask if necessary to get a medical insurance for my mom though she gonna in canada for 6 months? Im planning to apply a supervisa this month.tia
I bought a medical insurance for my mom. She is here for 5 months and her insurance is around $1100.. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Even my brother who was only here for 3 weeks bought an insurance..

I will tell you why it is important to have an insurance..

My friend invited his Mom here.. 1 week after she arrived, she had a heart attached and was dead on arrival at the hospital.. Good thing, the mom had an insurance and everything was paid for..

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
hoping_canadian said:
ei guys,

question, is your mom came alone from phils to canada? d ba sla nahirapan I mean nag travel sla alone? im just wondering coz na change ang travel plan namin. She supposed to travel with my sisters family pero nag change ng sched mga sis ko coz pasukan na June 1 so christmas nalgn sila pupunta. Mauuna na ang mother ko which is 71 yrs old d naman sha mashado marunong mag english. papa wheelchair ko sana pero d ako sure kung pano ang mga bagage nya ang interview etc. any info?
My mom traveled alone. I was worried like you so I called the airline and asked for assistance but during her trip, there was no assistance.. Fortunately, when my mom was at NAIA, she met 2 people who were on their way to Vancouver as well. She had a connecting flight in China and the travelers she met have the same flights (Manila - China - Vancouver)

My mother doesn't know how to speak English as well but I told her that she should ready all the papers that were returned to her by the embassy. When she was at the Immigration (here in Canada), she handed all the papers and there were only 2 questions for her - Is this your first time in Canada? is this your first time outside the Philippines? So she was at the Immigration for less than a minute LOL

Even the Custom declaration, I got it prepared for my mom. I printed 1 online and I wrote / checked whatever needed in there so she doesn't have to worry about what to write there ;)

Reactions: j0an

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly0920 said:
My mom traveled alone. I was worried like you so I called the airline and asked for assistance but during her trip, there was no assistance.. Fortunately, when my mom was at NAIA, she met 2 people who were on their way to Vancouver as well. She had a connecting flight in China and the travelers she met have the same flights (Manila - China - Vancouver)

My mother doesn't know how to speak English as well but I told her that she should ready all the papers that were returned to her by the embassy. When she was at the Immigration (here in Canada), she handed all the papers and there were only 2 questions for her - Is this your first time in Canada? is this your first time outside the Philippines? So she was at the Immigration for less than a minute LOL

Even the Custom declaration, I got it prepared for my mom. I printed 1 online and I wrote / checked whatever needed in there so she doesn't have to worry about what to write there ;)
that is what im afraid of hahaha anyway ill just ask her to do the same and if by any chance there are some fil in the airplane I will ask her to ask hahahaha thanks

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Hi Kelly,

I just applied my parents today through online.. did you have to show your bank statement? I am really crossing my fingers bcoz this is their second time. The first time, it was refused reason of insufficient funds. I was thinking maybe because we were not yet pr holders that time. but now i read your situation, i feel hopeful. I am wondering, did you submit your notice of assessment as well and T4,.. I just submitted my notice of assessment so kinda skeptical. And lastly, what was the reason of her visit?.. sorry for this questions, but I cant really take out of my mind for our application to get refused again. thanks in advance.

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
lyvly said:
Hi Kelly,

I just applied my parents today through online.. did you have to show your bank statement? I am really crossing my fingers bcoz this is their second time. The first time, it was refused reason of insufficient funds. I was thinking maybe because we were not yet pr holders that time. but now i read your situation, i feel hopeful. I am wondering, did you submit your notice of assessment as well and T4,.. I just submitted my notice of assessment so kinda skeptical. And lastly, what was the reason of her visit?.. sorry for this questions, but I cant really take out of my mind for our application to get refused again. thanks in advance.
I have submitted my parents application also, and they got 5 years multiple visa. On the online application, I attached my pay stub for 4 months. I did not bother to get employment cert from my employer (too lazy..lol) The reason of visit is just plainly visiting Canada. On my invitation letter I stated that I will shoulder all the expenses.