+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no response after 3 months of applying

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for citizenship of my brother and it has been 3 months since application package was delivered to the office and it was sign when it got delivered.
I have been kept checking application status online but nothing showing yet, every time I put right info and it tells me this "we were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

Anybody got in helpful tips I can follow on please ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I have applied for citizenship of my brother and it has been 3 months since application package was delivered to the office and it was sign when it got delivered.
I have been kept checking application status online but nothing showing yet, every time I put right info and it tells me this "we were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

Patience! Please find the link to the 2018 Citizenship Applications in my signature. Click on whichever month applies to you and compare your timelines with other applicants. Theres a handful of folks who applied in July/August who have yet to receive the AOR - just like you.
Hang in there. If you haven't received your application back by now, then chances are that your AOR is just around the corner.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
It's so stressful to wait and you don't even know if your application is complete or might even be returned after all that long wait..I'm in the same boat waiting for more than 3 months with no AOR. Hope we both hear from them soon.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

I'm curious to know why and how you are applying for citizenship of your brother. Was he born abroad to a Canadian citizen parent and not got his citizenship certificate yet? If not, how is he eligible?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm curious to know why and how you are applying for citizenship of your brother. Was he born abroad to a Canadian citizen parent and not got his citizenship certificate yet? If not, how is he eligible?
I have filled all his forms and guided him through the process . He didn't want to apply even though he was eligible long time ago so I forced him to apply for it .
Overall he is less careless for being organized and settled. He thinks he is happy as PR in canada Lol

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guy for response now I m relaxed as there are quite few people on same boat as him. So now I will wait and keep checking status.
one thing for sure if his application was rejected . It could have been sent us back to us but seems that will not happen and it must be in process in some stage.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys after long wait I checked status today and happy for my brother. Here is the timeline as of today .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2018.

Reactions: Hydi

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
hello guys after long wait I checked status today and happy for my brother. Here is the timeline as of today .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2018.
Congrats! Did you mean that you've got the AOR but you haven't received an email about it?

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Did you mean that you've got the AOR but you haven't received an email about it?
yes I have never got an email from them. but I checked the status and it saying lines above mentioned.

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Applications are slower in some places than others, but I think overall it's slowed down. I applied in February of this year and got my AoR March 20th. That being said, I've been in processing for 6 months now. Like someone suggested, browse through the current spreadsheet as well as the sheet for last year; look for your city and compare who has what and it may give you an idea as to when you should expect stuff. Just remember that this isn't a guaranteed answer and there could be other factors on your application as well and every application is its own set of circumstances.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Applications are slower in some places than others, but I think overall it's slowed down. I applied in February of this year and got my AoR March 20th. That being said, I've been in processing for 6 months now. Like someone suggested, browse through the current spreadsheet as well as the sheet for last year; look for your city and compare who has what and it may give you an idea as to when you should expect stuff. Just remember that this isn't a guaranteed answer and there could be other factors on your application as well and every application is its own set of circumstances.
Having no AOR means the application is still in Sydney and hasn't gone yet to the local office. This makes it even more frustrating because if it was in the city then one can say it's slower in my city