+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PR Card yet... and we have to leave the country in 15 days.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Not really getting great feeling on this. Hubby has been here since 13 Jan. No sign of his PR card yet and its now been more than a month. We have to leave on 2 March to go back to India.

Is is safer to have someone here check the mailbox and when it comes, send it by courier to us in India or should we go to the Canadian Consulate in Delhi before we come back to Canada, along with his COPR from this trip and hope they give us a temporary visa to get him back to Canada?

As part of Condition 51 he has to reside with me all the time for the next 2 years and it's me who has to travel to India for work experience that was set up ages ago. And besides I am staying at the in-laws anyway (his family) Makes no sense for him to stay here while I go to India....

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I travelled to Egypt without my PR Card. I applied for a travel document once I arrived, took them only 5 days to issue me a Travel document. If you are there for enough time, it will not be an issue. Just see the processing time for a travel document on CIC website.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
My spouse will be landing soon due to visa expiration -we have to leave india after like 2 weeks-our family friends r going to mail our PR T IDIA OR WEWERE THINKING TO APPLY TRAvel DOCUMENT ....

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
HarkiranKaur said:
Not really getting great feeling on this. Hubby has been here since 13 Jan. No sign of his PR card yet and its now been more than a month. We have to leave on 2 March to go back to India.

Is is safer to have someone here check the mailbox and when it comes, send it by courier to us in India or should we go to the Canadian Consulate in Delhi before we come back to Canada, along with his COPR from this trip and hope they give us a temporary visa to get him back to Canada?

As part of Condition 51 he has to reside with me all the time for the next 2 years and it's me who has to travel to India for work experience that was set up ages ago. And besides I am staying at the in-laws anyway (his family) Makes no sense for him to stay here while I go to India....

Keep in touch and let me know what u will be doing ..as me and my husband also have to leave India .. as pr takes like almost 2 months

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
HarkiranKaur said:
I believe recent PRTD apps have been taking about 2 weeks in India. If the PR card hasn't arrived by the time you leave, apply for the PRTD as soon as you get to India. You can't apply to the Canadian High Commission; you need to submit your app by mail or in person to a VAC.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
I believe recent PRTD apps have been taking about 2 weeks in India. If the PR card hasn't arrived by the time you leave, apply for the PRTD as soon as you get to India. You can't apply to the Canadian High Commission; you need to submit your app by mail or in person to a VAC.

So what happens to india passport .. u use Prtd and India pp both when coming back to Canada

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
canuck_in_uk said:
Okay VAC means something different to me since I am military (Veterans Affairs Canada) do you mean VFS Global where you apply for TRV etc in India??

The other option instead of travel document was to have a family member check my mail here in Canada, and then once the card comes, have them courier it to India. In worst case scenario though if it gets lost in the courier system or stolen then what? Can we still apply for travel document in that case, and then apply for a replacement card when we return to Canada (worst case scenario)?? I mean there has to be some process in place for lost or stolen cards right??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
raft7 said:
So what happens to india passport .. u use Prtd and India pp both when coming back to Canada
Of course the passport is still required. The PRTD will be placed in the passport like a visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
HarkiranKaur said:
Okay VAC means something different to me since I am military (Veterans Affairs Canada) do you mean VFS Global where you apply for TRV etc in India??

The other option instead of travel document was to have a family member check my mail here in Canada, and then once the card comes, have them courier it to India. In worst case scenario though if it gets lost in the courier system or stolen then what? Can we still apply for travel document in that case, and then apply for a replacement card when we return to Canada (worst case scenario)?? I mean there has to be some process in place for lost or stolen cards right??
VAC = Visa Application Centre

Yes, you can have someone mail the PR card to you. Yes, you can apply for a PRTD if the card is lost.

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
VAC = Visa Application Centre

Yes, you can have someone mail the PR card to you. Yes, you can apply for a PRTD if the card is lost.
[/quote

Thanks ... am very clear now..:)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jhutti said:
Worst case scnario ur hubby did not get PR card as his photo not correct, CIc want new photo and at same time delhi embassy refuse to issue PRDC VISA with reason hubby seems too much free travelling and not making effort to setup and canada his home
??

A PRTD can't be refused for that. Don't comment when you don't know what you are talking about.

OP's spouse will be in compliance with the RO and will be issued a PRTD without issue.