+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No points in PR for online courses due to Covid 19

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
People know that IRCC is making a major change in their policy this December. And yes. As I have said. If they don't change the policy soon, there will be law suits everywhere . Some against their universities for making fake promises. And some against the IRCC.....

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Right now, there's still a lot of time when the first batch of students starts to finish 1 year course (Fall 2020) and IRCC has about 6 months to 1 year to revisit this policy. Worrying about something that hasn't been reviewed at the moment is of no use. Focus on visa/getting the necessary education and try to complete at least 50% of course in Canada first.
Actually the first batch was Summer 2020/May 2020

Reactions: jigzyy

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
he was giving me anxiety but then he started talking completely absurd and pointless so i’m better now. uploading videos of classes? seriously?
It does sound absurd but as I have stated before, IRCC has not made a specific official announcement regarding online learning in or outside Canada regarding points for Express Entry so all we are doing right now is making assumptions. That being said, IRCC has so far been accommodating so I expect them to figure it out soon hopefully

Reactions: P@1n and jigzyy

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
If the IRCC will not modify their current policy, I will start a telegram group post it here discussing the potential law suit against IRCC.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If the IRCC will not modify their current policy, I will start a telegram group post it here discussing the potential law suit against IRCC.
What are your grounds for your lawsuit? You don't have any. I find it hilarious when people start saying let's start a lawsuit with no legal grounds whatsoever.

We are all dependent on the goodwill of IRCC at this time.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
What are your grounds for your lawsuit? You don't have any. I find it hilarious when people start saying let's start a lawsuit with no legal grounds whatsoever.

Of course we have some, otherwise I will not make this claim.

1. On August 17, 2020 in Hamilton, ON, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has released the e-course Pandemic Planning: Reopening for Business, to help organizations across Canada safely return to work during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not recognizing the online courses during COVID-19 would contradicts the CCOHS measures.

2. In Muhandiramge v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2009 FC 752 (CanLII), the Canadian Education Credential in French is written as diplôme canadien. And their current policy means the IRCC does not recognize Canadian Diploma during COVID-19. They would breach the procedural fairness.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020

I do not trust goodwill to foreigners. I only trust the justice system designed for Canadian people. Ignoring the COVID-19 is against human right, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal may also help us in court if we finally have to go this route.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I do not trust goodwill to foreigners. I only trust the justice system designed for Canadian people. Ignoring the COVID-19 is against human right, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal may also help us in court if we finally have to go this route.
That's true, you can't trust anyone or anything too much. I am making a contingency strategy incase this does not go the way I plan

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
Yes, and I hope people just don't say that I am talking absurd or I am hilarious. I feel like I know the Canadian immigration laws and the Canadian justice system more than most of you. I know how to protect our rights. I am not a dumbass.

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
What if only one of my courses was in-person and the rest were online? Would that still count towards CRS points? Also would it even make a difference if my program is a whole 4.5-year Bachelor's degree?

Reactions: protonblast

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
Within this month, or even next week, we may have a good news. The government right now is drafting new policies........

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I told you I asked my school's immigration consultants who said we'll get points if 50% of program was completed in Canada.