+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Oath Ceremony Scheduled for September

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Hi all,

I am looking at the oath ceremony schedules on CIC website, and I see no ceremony scheduled for September in a lot of cities (including Edmonton), and the ones that are scheduled in September are only for may be the first few weeks for high populated cities. Could this be due to no citizenship minister in charge currently and they are just waiting for the elections? I guess Minister has to sign the certificates after all. May be the certificates for applicants in those cities that are scheduled in September were signed before the government was dissolved??

Any thought or info...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Can anyone from Edmonton confirm if they are scheduled for an OATH ceremony after August 27th???

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
wes786 said:
Hi all,

I am looking at the oath ceremony schedules on CIC website, and I see no ceremony scheduled for September in a lot of cities (including Edmonton), and the ones that are scheduled in September are only for may be the first few weeks for high populated cities. Could this be due to no citizenship minister in charge currently and they are just waiting for the elections? I guess Minister has to sign the certificates after all. May be the certificates for applicants in those cities that are scheduled in September were signed before the government was dissolved??

Any thought or info...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
You mean Chris Alexander is no longer a minister of immigration?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
asagalen said:
You mean Chris Alexander is no longer a minister of immigration?
Is he? I don't know if he is after Harper asked to dissolve the parliament. To be honest, I am not into politics so there are a lot of "may be's" in my original post. I could be completely wrong and that's why wanting to get more info....

bestfriendever

Apr 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys don't need to worry. The same thing happened in August. I myself had my own ceremony not listed until days before even though I had received a notice to appear for my ceremony.

Hope this helps.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
bestfriendever said:
You guys don't need to worry. The same thing happened in August. I myself had my own ceremony not listed until days before even though I had received a notice to appear for my ceremony.

Hope this helps.
Well, that's the problem! A lot of people have their decisions made since July but no updates on E-Cas and/or oath invitation letters.

Same situation as you with my cousin, but at least he had his ecas updated and a letter in hand. Definitely not worried just curious!