+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-No money for express entry-LMIA

binastie

Jun 21, 2018
Hi,

this is for my friend pls. he really needs help. he writes

I am currently in canada trying to apply for my express entry. I came into the country in 2016 and did a masters which ended in dec, 2018. i have applied for a work permit which i am currently using to stay in the country.

I am planning to apply for express entry in april. however, i do not have the required amount of funds or any funds at all- i am living hand to mouth. i am trying to get a job so i can use the LMIA to qualify instead of showing money in my account for 6 months- with my ielts score, my CRS is 436 which isnt so good. can someone please advise me on the best way to go about applying for express entry. i specifially want to know

1- if i can apply without showing proof of funds since i am already in the country
2-if i get a job and have to do LMIA , how will i go about it
3- any other advice that may benefit me is also welcomed

thanks

Gooner93

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

this is for my friend pls. he really needs help. he writes

I am currently in canada trying to apply for my express entry. I came into the country in 2016 and did a masters which ended in dec, 2018. i have applied for a work permit which i am currently using to stay in the country.

I am planning to apply for express entry in april. however, i do not have the required amount of funds or any funds at all- i am living hand to mouth. i am trying to get a job so i can use the LMIA to qualify instead of showing money in my account for 6 months- with my ielts score, my CRS is 436 which isnt so good. can someone please advise me on the best way to go about applying for express entry. i specifially want to know

1- if i can apply without showing proof of funds since i am already in the country
2-if i get a job and have to do LMIA , how will i go about it
3- any other advice that may benefit me is also welcomed

thanks
Hi,
1. He does not need to show proof of funds if he applies for CEC (Canadian Experience Class) but he needs at least a year of work experience and has to meet other requirements (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum).
I have also heard that you might be exempt from showing financial support if you have a valid job offer from Canada (for those who are already working in Canada). I suggest you contact CIC regarding this one.
2. LMIA should be applied for by the employer so you cannot apply yourself, but here is cic's guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent.html
3. If he has studied in Quebec, he can apply for PEQ.
Hope this information helps.
Good luck