+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No marriage certificate for parents.

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Guys do anyone submitted any TRV for parents. What documents did submitted instead of marriage certificate. please let me know thank you.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Your parents can get a notarized marriage affidavit stating that they were married on x date under y law (applicable act/law at that time) and have been living as a couple since x date (usually marriage date). That they are giving this declaration in lieu of marriage certificate etc.

Reactions: Anjy

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
Your parents can get a notarized marriage affidavit stating that they were married on x date under y law (applicable act/law at that time) and have been living as a couple since x date (usually marriage date). That they are giving this declaration in lieu of marriage certificate etc.

Hi @hydrakanth, That's a great advice. I really appreciate it. I'm also in the process of applying for parents visa where marriage certificate is one of the docs needed. I'm going to get notarized Affidavit In Lieu Of Marriage Certificate. It would be great if you can share a format for this affidavit. Like, what should be the title of it, the content, the closing statement and signature etc. Thanks in advance.