+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Income & Affadavits

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of filing out and gathering all documents for our PR application. It is a bit stressful, to say the least.

I have a couple questions, hopefully someone can help!

1. I (the Sponsor) do not currently have a "steady" income. I drive Uber part-time and the rest of my time, I am a stay at home mom, house wife. This is until September (my daughter starts JK) and I will be finding something more steady and regular. Will this be an issue?
My husband works full time and has a very stable job (has for about 2 years). I know "income" isn't a requirement for spouse sponsors, but I cant help but worry this might cause an issue.

1A. Speaking of Uber, how do I provide proof of making any money? Technically, it's considered self employed and I'll be obtaining an HST number shortly. I have only been Ubering for a couple months, so my past tax returns for 3 years show a $0 income.

2. I am getting my in laws to fill write affidavits, basically stating that they are aware and approving of our marriage and I have become part of the family. Should these be notaraized? They still reside in India so they will be mailing them to us.

Sorry for the horribly long thread. Hopefully someone has the patience to read and respond, haha.

Thanks!

Heather (Canadian citizen)
Rajat (from India, here on work permit)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1. I (the Sponsor) do not currently have a "steady" income. I drive Uber part-time and the rest of my time, I am a stay at home mom, house wife. This is until September (my daughter starts JK) and I will be finding something more steady and regular. Will this be an issue?
My husband works full time and has a very stable job (has for about 2 years). I know "income" isn't a requirement for spouse sponsors, but I cant help but worry this might cause an issue.
It should not be an issue at all.
Explain your part time Uber work, and perhaps include recent payment details.
Also include a letter explaining your plan to support yourselves financially, so what job/salary your spouse is making now, and expects to get in Canada after becoming PR, and your own plans to go back to work shortly.
You can also include letters of financial support from your own family, if they will help support you.

2. I am getting my in laws to fill write affidavits, basically stating that they are aware and approving of our marriage and I have become part of the family. Should these be notaraized? They still reside in India so they will be mailing them to us.
An "affidavit" is by definition a legal document so must be notarized under oath to make it legal. However what you are describing are not affidavits, they are simple letters of support from family members. These letters are not required to be notarized, it's entirely up to you if you want them to do so.

To notarize them, your in-laws will need to take them to a notary public/lawyer in India to do this, and then mail to you. Again it's entirely optional so I wouldn't worry about it if it's too much trouble for them.