+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No exit/departure dates on i94.. please help!!!!

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi everyone

We got an email from IRCC to submit all pages of passport along with entry/exit records from USA for my husband's file.
He doesn't have a last name on his passport but when he got his US visa they split his given name into first and last name. Lets say his name on passport is
GIVEN NAME : XYZ ABC .
On his US visa they displayed it as
FIRST NAME : YYZ
LAST NAME : ABC
I went on i94 website and when I search for records using his passport number and name it says no records found. But when I use the information from his US visa and use the visa number and split the name it shows his record.
The problem is it oy displays his arrival dates and doesn't show any departure information. He is a trucker and cross border on a regular basis. For personal travel I think he might have entered US for about 5 times.
My concern is how and where can we find his exit or departure information?
If someone has been through a similar scenario or has any information please help.

Goga86

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney->Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
04-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
The problem is USA border creating entry records depends on visa data and exit for Canada, Canadian border creating exit records for the USA and entry for Canada depends on PR Card / Passport/ Driver licence data.
As data doesn't match in that documents records doesn't match as well.
You can order Canadian border records trough ATIP and try to match it with I-94.
Or just write Letter of Explanation, attach scan of USA visa, explain splitting name and all story

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
The problem is USA border creating entry records depends on visa data and exit for Canada, Canadian border creating exit records for the USA and entry for Canada depends on PR Card / Passport/ Driver licence data.
As data doesn't match in that documents records doesn't match as well.
You can order Canadian border records trough ATIP and try to match it with I-94.
Or just write Letter of Explanation, attach scan of USA visa, explain splitting name and all story
Thank-you for your response. Thats what I thought. I will attach the i94 details and a receipt from ATIP, since it takes more than 30 days to process. I am thinking tl write an explanation letter as well. IDK why they asked for US records. His physical presence had already been completed before he got his US visa.

Reactions: Goga86

Goga86

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney->Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
04-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
27-02-2020
Interview........
29-10-2020
Thank-you for your response. Thats what I thought. I will attach the i94 details and a receipt from ATIP, since it takes more than 30 days to process. I am thinking tl write an explanation letter as well. IDK why they asked for US records. His physical presence had already been completed before he got his US visa.
Also don't forget to attach US visa