+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No any copy of my IELTS General test

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

I had sent the original copy of IETLS when I applied for PR sometime ago. I inquired from IELTS about getting a copy of it but then they had said to me that since my results are more than two years old, they cannot issue me any copy. Therefore, I am wondering how I can send a copy for my citizenship application to prove IELTS requirement? I have no copy with me now.

I would really appreciate if anyone could let me know any solution.

Thank you guys.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hi,

I had sent the original copy of IETLS when I applied for PR sometime ago. I inquired from IELTS about getting a copy of it but then they had said to me that since my results are more than two years old, they cannot issue me any copy. Therefore, I am wondering how I can send a copy for my citizenship application to prove IELTS requirement? I have no copy with me now.

Thank you guys.
Same problem with me, I took LINC classes and got certificate from them. In ON, LINC is free and can be done over skype. It took me about 3 months to get it....

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi,

Thank you guys.
take another test..Why dint you keep a copy when you had applied ?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have sent my PhD degree from a UK university (a copy) and so far that seemed to have been sufficient.

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Same problem with me, I took LINC classes and got certificate from them. In ON, LINC is free and can be done over skype. It took me about 3 months to get it....

Hi can you tell me the procedure for LINC?

You did assessment to be placed in LINC? Did they provide you a certificate at that time that you could use for citizenship?

Or you have to go through classes and then take LINC test that can be used?

Is it always 3 months long or can take short or long ?

What is in the test after classes and where to write that test?

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010

You did assessment to be placed in LINC? Did they provide you a certificate at that time that you could use for citizenship?

Ans: See answers below

You did assessment to be placed in LINC?
Ans: Yes

Did they provide you a certificate at that time that you could use for citizenship?
Ans: No

Ans: I went through the classes and took LINC test which was used for citizenship

Ans: Correction, it took me 4 months + some days. I don't have a much statistics to share, however the feeling I got is that it takes longer

Ans. Reading, writing, listening, and speaking. My test was over the skype, in the comfort my own home

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
IELTS provides online verification and CIC has subscribed such service, so you don`t have to have original report.

When I accessed my PR application file through ATIP, I saw the officer copied the result from the IETLS online verification and pasted to my file.

Also IELTS can send original reports to up to 5 organizations for free after the test. So when I registered my exam, I also provided the addresses of a few friends of mine as these "organizations", so in the end I had a quite few original reports.

Last edited:

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Ans: See answers below

You did assessment to be placed in LINC?
Ans: Yes

Did they provide you a certificate at that time that you could use for citizenship?
Ans: No

Ans: I went through the classes and took LINC test which was used for citizenship

Ans: Correction, it took me 4 months + some days. I don't have a much statistics to share, however the feeling I got is that it takes longer

Ans. Reading, writing, listening, and speaking. My test was over the skype, in the comfort my own home

Thankyou :)

That is helpful.

How do you book for LINC test?

Can she do it without taking classes?