+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No acknowledgement from CIC Canada - Over 2 months?

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Greetings everyone,

I applied for my citizenship on December 16th, 2017 and it arrived at the case processing center in Sydney, NS on 19th of December (according to the courier; says received by <Person's name> at Reception). It was a request for urgent processing as well. I still have not gotten an email or physical mail acknowledging if they have received my application. It was an application for a minor.

However, it has been over 2 months and I still have not received an acknowledgment of receipt. Looking at the spreadsheet for AOR and other timings, people who have had theirs delivered after mine already received their AOR's. Is there anything I can do to confirm if they have received it and/or started processing? Getting really anxious as I'm looking forward to applying to the Canadian Armed Forces soon. I hope nothing went wrong. People who sent theirs applications in on February 2018 have already gotten their letters, and I still haven't gotten anything at all.

I checked using the online application status checker, with the UCI number on front of the PR card (xxxx-xxxx format). I still get a message saying that no information found.

Going to give the center a call tomorrow as well just to see what the hold up is. Hopefully I get an update. Anything I can do in the meantime?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Greetings everyone,

I applied for my citizenship on December 16th, 2017 and it arrived at the case processing center in Sydney, NS on 19th of December (according to the courier; says received by <Person's name> at Reception). It was a request for urgent processing as well. I still have not gotten an email or physical mail acknowledging if they have received my application. It was an application for a minor.

However, it has been over 2 months and I still have not received an acknowledgment of receipt. Looking at the spreadsheet for AOR and other timings, people who have had theirs delivered after mine already received their AOR's. Is there anything I can do to confirm if they have received it and/or started processing? Getting really anxious as I'm looking forward to applying to the Canadian Armed Forces soon. I hope nothing went wrong. People who sent theirs applications in on February 2018 have already gotten their letters, and I still haven't gotten anything at all.

I checked using the online application status checker, with the UCI number on front of the PR card (xxxx-xxxx format). I still get a message saying that no information found.

Going to give the center a call tomorrow as well just to see what the hold up is. Hopefully I get an update. Anything I can do in the meantime?
Some October applicants got AOR after almost 4 months from application delivery. The call center won't be able to help, because they will have no information on your file in their system till it's opened and entered into GCMS. Unfortunately, only thing you can do is wait for bit longer.

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Some October applicants got AOR after almost 4 months from application delivery. The call center won't be able to help, because they will have no information on your file in their system till it's opened and entered into GCMS. Unfortunately, only thing you can do is wait for bit longer.
I see, thanks. Is there a reason why applicants who sent their files in after mine had theirs processed before mine? What would this delay indicate for my file? Seeing that it was urgent and I still haven't received an acknowledgment, is it that something is wrong with it?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I see, thanks. Is there a reason why applicants who sent their files in after mine had theirs processed before mine? What would this delay indicate for my file? Seeing that it was urgent and I still haven't received an acknowledgment, is it that something is wrong with it?
No one knows for sure how IRCC works. People came up with tons of theories on why their application was delayed, while others weren't. The only one that makes sense is that your application probably got put into a slow pile and/or is being handled by a lazy officer @ CPC-Sydney. There have been cases where urgent applications received AOR after the average 2-3 months, while in other cases AOR was sent within 2 weeks. Again,. no one knows how IRCC functions really.

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
No one knows for sure how IRCC works. People came up with tons of theories on why their application was delayed, while others weren't. The only one that makes sense is that your application probably got put into a slow pile and/or is being handled by a lazy officer @ CPC-Sydney. There have been cases where urgent applications received AOR after the average 2-3 months, while in other cases AOR was sent within 2 weeks. Again,. no one knows how IRCC functions really.
Thank you for the insight. I guess I'll wait and see, just to put myself at peace I'll shoot them a call tomorrow.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Greetings everyone,

If I am informed correctly, the urgent request gets checked first. If the request is not honoured, your application then goes back to the normal pile.

There are several anecdotal reports in this forum that urgent applications either move very fast or, if the request is not honoured, take unusually long to receive AOR. So possibly this is what happened to your application, too. Why this is the case one can only speculate. Possibly it takes a while for the app to travel from the urgent pile back to the normal pile.

Meanwhile, please note that this forum unnecessarily obsesses over AOR. three months has been seen many times here. And there are applications that get AOR in a heartbeat but then take forever for the rest of the process. And there are applications that take forever to get AOR and then move at lightning speed.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I applied 5 feb application received 8 February by DJ

Still no AOR

But very surprised many of them applied before me already got AOR

Let see keep on waiting

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
If I am informed correctly, the urgent request gets checked first. If the request is not honoured, your application then goes back to the normal pile.

There are several anecdotal reports in this forum that urgent applications either move very fast or, if the request is not honoured, take unusually long to receive AOR. So possibly this is what happened to your application, too. Why this is the case one can only speculate. Possibly it takes a while for the app to travel from the urgent pile back to the normal pile.

Meanwhile, please note that this forum unnecessarily obsesses over AOR. three months has been seen many times here. And there are applications that get AOR in a heartbeat but then take forever for the rest of the process. And there are applications that take forever to get AOR and then move at lightning speed.

So you mean
If people get delayed to get AOR
But rest of the processing will be quicker

I am 1000% disagree with that

Thanks

Sonata

Oct 11, 2017
Ontario
Greetings everyone,

Hi, My application was received the same day like yours and I checked online with the UCI and every time it gives me the same message (no information)! Yesterday night I tried with the receipt no. and for my surprise I found AOR since February 2nd!
I did not receive email or mail yet!

Reactions: ibry

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So you mean
If people get delayed to get AOR
But rest of the processing will be quicker

I am 1000% disagree with that

Thanks
I am not saying it's always like that. Look at the spreadsheet and you will see it all happened:
- long AOR, long test
- quick AOR, long test
- long AOR, quick test
- quick AOR, quick test

Also note that, as has been reported by many people who called IRCC agents, that the oath dates are scheduled by application date and not by how long you have been in the "oath queue".

So, still, it is unnecessary to obsess over the AOR date so much. It's just the first state and this whole spreadsheet business in this forum makes all the new applicants go crazy over the AOR date.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Yes, CIC/IRCC is a bit of a black box. Hence all we can do here is guess. No one can give definitive answers.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Greetings everyone,

Ali baba can you clarify if this application was yours or of a minor as you have put in your post. Next if its a minor application what has it got to do with job in the FORCES? Can you clarify .....

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ali baba can you clarify if this application was yours or of a minor as you have put in your post. Next if its a minor application what has it got to do with job in the FORCES? Can you clarify .....
I know I'm not the OP, but I understood it to be an application for a minor. I think he/she is likely only 17 or so years old but looking to join the forces when he/she turns 18. Must be close to a birthday to request urgent processing. Of course, this is only speculation on my part, but based on the posts, this is what I took from it.

Hopefully, Ali will answer and then there will be a definitive answer.

:D

Reactions: AliTheAce

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi, My application was received the same day like yours and I checked online with the UCI and every time it gives me the same message (no information)! Yesterday night I tried with the receipt no. and for my surprise I found AOR since February 2nd!
I did not receive email or mail yet!
Really surprised

I should checkout mine too

I wish my AOR will come soon

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
I am a minor, and this is an application for me. I am currently 17 years old aiming to join the Canadian Force through their paid education program, for which citizenship is a requirement.

Hope that clears things up