N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Gandalf said:
There is obviously something wrong with someone that can not click on 2014 thread or even CIC site to follow up for his brother or friend. If I need info on any topic I click on that thread. The society we are desiring to move to strives on orderliness and that is why things seem to be be working. We dont justify disorderliness just because we want to look good.

This 2013 G-GUY should be matured and think straight.
FSW Prog is a privilege and not right.
You must grow up please.

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Well you can ask GTB Oyin Jolayemi asked people to come back for their drafts on Monday. The request was before 10a.m. this morning. Nothing in this life is always as it seems.

I draw money with my GT card and will my Zenith card when I travel and GT rates and charges are always higher.

Robindepiper

Sep 11, 2014
Hopefulval said:
Well you can ask GTB Oyin Jolayemi asked people to come back for their drafts on Monday. The request was before 10a.m. this morning. Nothing in this life is always as it seems.

I draw money with my GT card and will my Zenith card when I travel and GT rates and charges are always higher.
The fee is accurate the way I described it. It may be higher than that of Zenith Bank, I don't know, but it is definitely correct the way I described it.

Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Robindepiper said:
Y'all will have to forgive me, for I have been a very silent follower of this thread since the past several days, perhaps beginning to count in weeks. But I couldn't just keep staying silent after just reading that some of us are overpaying GTB to get the FX draft.

Maybe, charges for customers that make the FX request in person are different, I don't know. But if you use GTB internet banking to make the FX draft request, "Details of Charges per (transaction) - Commission: 1% of Transaction (subject to a minimum of 10 units of the currency), VAT: 5% of Commission. Please Note: Request received before 2pm will be treated same day, while those received after 2pm will be treated next working day."

I copied that directly from my GTB internet banking page and having raised FX drafts in the past, I can confirm that this is accurate.

So for example, if you are raising the RPR fee draft in USD (advisable, cheaper for you than raising it in CAD due to bank's exchange rate) for you and your spouse ONLY, the amount on the draft would be USD $900 and the charge would be $10 since the $10 is higher than 1% of $900. There will also be a 5% vat on the $10, so your total charge is $10.5.

Another beauty of using internet banking to make the request is also the fact that you don't have to go to Oyin Jolayemi, VI (branch where draft is made) to pick up your draft. They can dispatch it to any branch of your choice (selected from a drop-down button on the internet banking draft request page), assuming you have a few days to spare. It is your choice if you want to go to Oyin Jolayemi (you'll be able to collect immediately), but I just thought you should also know that you don't have to if you still have a whole week before you submit your documents to AVO. The draft can be dispatched to that branch close to your office/house and you just walk in and pick it up.
The may be different when you request it in person but its significantly negligible.
When making conversion from USD to CAD in person or online,standard bank charge is $25 which is what makes up the charges for a single canadian draft to be about $40 when you add the 5%VAT charges and 1% charge whose minimum is $10.
Cheers.

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Robindepiper said:
Y'all will have to forgive me, for I have been a very silent follower of this thread since the past several days, perhaps beginning to count in weeks. But I couldn't just keep staying silent after just reading that some of us are overpaying GTB to get the FX draft.

Maybe, charges for customers that make the FX request in person are different, I don't know. But if you use GTB internet banking to make the FX draft request, "Details of Charges per (transaction) - Commission: 1% of Transaction (subject to a minimum of 10 units of the currency), VAT: 5% of Commission. Please Note: Request received before 2pm will be treated same day, while those received after 2pm will be treated next working day."

I copied that directly from my GTB internet banking page and having raised FX drafts in the past, I can confirm that this is accurate.

So for example, if you are raising the RPR fee draft in USD (advisable, cheaper for you than raising it in CAD due to bank's exchange rate) for you and your spouse ONLY, the amount on the draft would be USD $900 and the charge would be $10 since the $10 is higher than 1% of $900. There will also be a 5% vat on the $10, so your total charge is $10.5.

Another beauty of using internet banking to make the request is also the fact that you don't have to go to Oyin Jolayemi, VI (branch where draft is made) to pick up your draft. They can dispatch it to any branch of your choice (selected from a drop-down button on the internet banking draft request page), assuming you have a few days to spare. It is your choice if you want to go to Oyin Jolayemi (you'll be able to collect immediately), but I just thought you should also know that you don't have to if you still have a whole week before you submit your documents to AVO. The draft can be dispatched to that branch close to your office/house and you just walk in and pick it up.
This seem to be a better deal. I have been using barclays and they charge £25 which is about the same $40 that Kollins mentioned. Do you know if one can get the draft by proxy if requested to be delivered to a particular branch?

Robindepiper

Sep 11, 2014
kollins said:
The charges are definitely different when you request it in person.
Cheers.
In that case, assuming you want to collect the draft in person from Oyin Jolayemi: Sit on your computer and request it. Then go about your normal business. You will get an alert when they debit your dom account, so you know your draft is ready a few minutes after that. Then go down there and collect it. You pay less charges and you spend less time at the branch for collection. You can also make the draft come to a branch closer to you as I described earlier.

Robindepiper

Sep 11, 2014
Gandalf said:
This seem to be a better deal. I have been using barclays and they charge £25 which is about the same $40 that Kollins mentioned. Do you know if one can get the draft by proxy if requested to be delivered to a particular branch?
Yes, when you make the request on internet banking, you have the option of selecting "Self" or "Proxy" for collection. This is not affected by whether you want the draft picked up at Oyin Jolayemi or any other branch. Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Gandalf said:
Conversion rates from USD to CAD makes it higher.
Cheers.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Thanks for the information Robindepiper van persie!! lol. Although i'm not a GTB customer and have never tried raising USD drafts online in Nigeria, i still believe drafts can be easily raised via Internet Banking because its common practise abroad. I also agree with Kollins who says the charges will be more when requested in person.

Then again, we only seem to be mentioning GTB? I believe banks like EcoBank can even raise Drafts in Ghana Cedi since its a West African Bank.

Robinddepiper, please do you mind sharing your timeline? Its always interesting relating contributors with their application history.

Also Gandalf, i cant find you on the spreadsheet. Are you FSW 2013 or 2014? You can also share your timeline if its fine with you.

Robindepiper said:

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Robindepiper said:
In that case, assuming you want to collect the draft in person from Oyin Jolayemi: Sit on your computer and request it. Then go about your normal business. You will get an alert when they debit your dom account, so you know your draft is ready a few minutes after that. Then go down there and collect it. You pay less charges and you spend less time at the branch for collection. You can also make the draft come to a branch closer to you as I described earlier.
Let us not make a mountain out of this whole issues...online/proxy/in person,if you are raising a Canadian draft,you will have to pay a conversion rate of $25 which is non-negotiable.Many reason also abound why a customer may decide to raise it in person at the branch e.g not been an account holder in Gtbank.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
nanonye said:
Thanks for the information Robindepiper van persie!! lol. Although i'm not a GTB customer and have never tried raising USD drafts online in Nigeria, i still believe drafts can be easily raised via Internet Banking because its common practise abroad. I also agree with Kollins who says the charges will be more when requested in person.

Then again, we only seem to be mentioning GTB? I believe banks like EcoBank can even raise Drafts in Ghana Cedi since its a West African Bank.

Robinddepiper, please do you mind sharing your timeline? Its always interesting relating contributors with their application history.

Also Gandalf, i cant find you on the spreadsheet. Are you FSW 2013 or 2014? You can also share your timeline if its fine with you.
Raising drafts in Ghana Cedis is surely accepted.
Just know that when you are doing this especially when you are outside Ghana Territory,there is possibility of charging you a conversion rate.
Cheers.

Robindepiper

Sep 11, 2014
kollins said:
Let us not make a mountain out of this whole issues...online/proxy/in person,if you are raising a Canadian draft,you will have to pay a conversion rate of $25 which is non-negotiable.Many reason also abound why a customer may decide to raise it in person at the branch e.g not been an account holder in Gtbank.
Cheers.
Kollins, AVO accepts payments in USD. Why would you want to raise a Canadian draft? Please raise it in USD (cleared on an American bank) and you will save yourself a ton of money

I am not allowed to post links, maybe because I am still new, but please visit AVO fee website and see for yourself that you can pay in USD. And the USD amounts are smaller than the CAD amounts. Savings bro! Savings!!

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Abeg oh! I no go school oh! Abi I no come work (anyone).

To change topic, please is there anyone on this forum who has received MR or PPR and has submitted PCC from abroad?

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
hello pple,

where is the spreadsheet Kollins is managing?

cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Robindepiper said:
Kollins, AVO accepts payments in USD. Why would you want to raise a Canadian draft? Please raise it in USD (cleared on an American bank) and you will save yourself a ton of money

I am not allowed to post links, maybe because I am still new, but please visit AVO fee website and see for yourself that you can pay in USD. And the USD amounts are smaller than the CAD amounts. Savings bro! Savings!!
Nobody argues with you...like I say,let us not make mountain out of all these issues.
You make it feel as if applicants submitting their applications to CIC can submit in USD....most applicants sharing their experience here are sharing it based on their application stage experience.The only line/proof I would love you to paint now is to say it is expensive to use about $40 dollars to raise Canadian drafts.
I have posted this link(your referred link) severally and I'm sure every body have it(http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng)...but this only applies to the local visa office.
USD drafts are not accepted in Novia Scotia.
[size=12pt]Also,kindly share your timeline which I think will be a better point of reference for all here

Cheers.
[/size]