Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
eski said:
That's a tough one. I guess you should just wait and see if they'll take note of it or ignore it. I know the naija way. ...a assume the mothers name is the father's. So crazy. Let other members suggest things. ...i personally can't see a way around it. ...just pray.
think an affidavit to say the name was written in error instead of the correct name on the presumption that your mother was married to your father might come in handy in case they ask

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sekina that's quite a tough one, I think you should open a new thread specifically to @Asivad, @Stanley and other seniors to help.

But mean while I was able to create a profile today and my score was 450 . Though got an expression of interest from ontario I just feel it's an avenue for them to make 1500 canadian dollars extra of which i don't even have.

What are your advise my people...is there hope for FSW given my score?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Nas man said:
@sekina that's quite a tough one, I think you should open a new thread specifically to @Asivad, @Stanley and other seniors to help.

But mean while I was able to create a profile today and my score was 450 . Though got an expression of interest from ontario I just feel it's an avenue for them to make 1500 canadian dollars extra of which i don't even have.

What are your advise my people...is there hope for FSW given my score?
With 450 if you are patient enough you should get ITA. Last draw was 453 and the nuxt draw might go a bit higher but scores should reach 450 latest march end/April if they continue their current trend.

You can prepare the docs for OINP and keep em until close to deadline. Alternatively, you can research other provinces that are free...SK,MB,NB,NS,PEI etc...

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
chymes said:
think an affidavit to say the name was written in error instead of the correct name on the presumption that your mother was married to your father might come in handy in case they ask
thing about that is that it just devalues our already queried birth certificates.
my daughter was born in canada and if u see the wahala i went thru to put my name on that birth certificate. i even had to visit the consular office and identify myself with my international passport. the affidavit and that explanation just makes it look like the people who make out birth certificates dont take their time to investigate, it means anyones name could have been on the cert.
mehn....i just pray the visa officer does not notice it, but i guess if he does she'll have no choice but to submit the affidavit, hopefully itll b a nice VO.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
One_Topsy said:
Any friend/relative back home can help you get it. You will just fill the form with your prints and send it
Thanks One_Topsy. that's what I thought but the person helping me said I need to provide letter from Canadian authorities requesting PCC of which they don't provide any. Just hoping someone who has done theirs recently can direct me how they did it. thanks in advance

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
ujont said:
Thanks One_Topsy. that's what I thought but the person helping me said I need to provide letter from Canadian authorities requesting PCC of which they don't provide any. Just hoping someone who has done theirs recently can direct me how they did it. thanks in advance
Most Likely, the person helping you is not familiar with Express Entry and is giving you info based on the old system.
You can get the PCC without a letter from CIC, infact for EE it's submitted upfront so you won't have a letter from PCC.

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @One_Topsy , I would research other provinces like you said. Never new some were free. Also I have a chance of getting extra 8 points if I get iqas for my wife's educational certificate.

Many thanks.

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hello everyone.

I got married two years ago and officially changed my name shortly afterwards but didn't change it on my international passport. I ended up registering for IELTS with the passport (in my maiden name) and also used my maiden name for my WES.

I intend getting a new passport in my hubby's last name before ITA, as i'm the PA. I hope this discrepancy won't be a problem.

diran_ayo

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
One_Topsy said:
Just 2k? Are you sure of what you got? I think the original price is like 8-10k. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
Don't let anybody approach you @alagbon..infact I was told its a document you don't pay for..jus goto room 57 or 59 and tell them u need a police report.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Slowlybtsurely said:
Hello everyone.

I got married two years ago and officially changed my name shortly afterwards but didn't change it on my international passport. I ended up registering for IELTS with the passport (in my maiden name) and also used my maiden name for my WES.

I intend getting a new passport in my hubby's last name before ITA, as i'm the PA. I hope this discrepancy won't be a problem.
It shouldn't be. My wife also did her IELTS and WES with her old surname. She has a new passport in my name and used that for eAPR.
As long as you submit your change of name docs (marriage certificate and legal change of name) t should be fine.
All the best!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
diran_ayo said:
Don't let anybody approach you @alagbon..infact I was told its a document you don't pay for..jus goto room 57 or 59 and tell them u need a police report.
I haven't been to a police station in Nigeria and I don't intend to :)

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
One_Topsy said:
It shouldn't be. My wife also did her IELTS and WES with her old surname. She has a new passport in my name and used that for eAPR.
As long as you submit your change of name docs (marriage certificate and legal change of name) t should be fine.
All the best!
Thanks alot. I'm grateful.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
diran_ayo said:
Can you help me with the address to go for this PCC please. thanks in advance

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys after the draw on Wednesday am beginning to rethink the expression of interest I got from ontario. The letter didn't say where to confirm or accept the nomination. Where do I do this?

Regarding the the payments at what point would I pay for the 1500 canadian dollars and others payments for the main application?