+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian Registered Nurses Credential Assessment

HennieWealth

Oct 5, 2021
Hi there! My name is Grace and I am a Nigerian Registered Nurse with close to 4 years of nursing practice. I attended College of Nursing and Midwifery, Eleyele, Ibadan, and did a one month course in Occupational Health Nursing at the College of Advanced Nursing Studies, Oyo. It's been over a year since I started the immigration journey and yet, nothing has worked out. I spent 7 months on my WES assessment and the report was that my education cannot be compared to that of Canada. I was instructed to go for another organization like ICAS but I am scared considering the wasted time and money and dashed hope gotten from WES. I need your help please. Do you know if my College of Nursing certificate could be used for immigration (Skilled Workers/Express Entry) or will I keep having the same result? Has any nurse from my school had a favourable report that was used for express entry? If yes, which organization was used please? I wanted to go for PNP but I have no one in the provinces and when I thought of work permit, I have no hospital to link up with to provide help. Eagerly awaiting your reply. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All you are doing is having your education assessed for Express Entry. You can’t work as a nurse in Canada as you have to assessed through NNAS, and then if you pass then licensed in the province you plan to move. PNP is not an option as you are not licensed.

HennieWealth

Oct 5, 2021
Yes, you are right, thank you. It's for immigration (PR) but I want to know if anyone who has my type of certificate has gotten a useful reply from any credential assessment organization aside WES and which one it was because I don't want to have another reply like that of WES that won't be useful for my permanent residency application. So I'm searching for anyone who has my type of certificate, has successfully used it to apply for any Express Entry program and which organisation aside WES was used. I hope you understand how I mean. Also, is it possible for me to apply for work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, you are right, thank you. It's for immigration (PR) but I want to know if anyone who has my type of certificate has gotten a useful reply from any credential assessment organization aside WES and which one it was because I don't want to have another reply like that of WES that won't be useful for my permanent residency application. So I'm searching for anyone who has my type of certificate, has successfully used it to apply for any Express Entry program and which organisation aside WES was used. I hope you understand how I mean. Also, is it possible for me to apply for work permit?
You can try another ECA. So WES didn’t give you any equivalency, not even diploma? You are not eligible for a work permit unless you find an employer who applies for a LMIA and pays $1k. The employer proves no Canadian can do the job and then you apply for a closed work permit. You are not licensed so can’t work as a nurse in Canada.

HennieWealth

Oct 5, 2021
You can try another ECA. So WES didn’t give you any equivalency, not even diploma? You are not eligible for a work permit unless you find an employer who applies for a LMIA and pays $1k. The employer proves no Canadian can do the job and then you apply for a closed work permit. You are not licensed so can’t work as a nurse in Canada.
Exactly! I wondered why I couldn't get a Diploma considering the fact that all years were full with only 14days holiday in a year. Okay, thank you so much for the replies, I really do appreciate you.

HennieWealth

Oct 5, 2021
If accredited then what was exactly stated in the WES report?
I mentioned it in the first thread.
Canadian Equivalency : Three years of Hospital Study and Training.
Remark: The credential is not comparable to a completed canadian education credential.
That was why I was told to use another organization coz WES report is not useful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mentioned it in the first thread.
Canadian Equivalency : Three years of Hospital Study and Training.
Remark: The credential is not comparable to a completed canadian education credential.
That was why I was told to use another organization coz WES report is not useful.
So try IQAS.