+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report
Calgary and Toronto are ranked among the top 10 in the Toronto Board of Trade's third annual Scorecard on Prosperity, which examines the economies and labour attractiveness of 24 global metropolitan areas.

Calgary ranked third overall in the board's scorecard, while Toronto placed eighth. Paris and San Francisco took first and second place, respectively, in the 2011 report.

Toronto's overall ranking slipped from fourth place in 2010 but it outperformed Vancouver and Montreal, which placed 14th and 20th, respectively.

The Toronto Board of Trade — Canada's largest chamber of commerce representing 10,000 members — said in the report that Calgary had edged back up from fifth spot, "perhaps on the way back to being the top-ranked metro region as it was in the 2009 Scorecard."

Calgary's success comes from a combination of solid fundamentals in both economy and labour attractiveness, not just from a robust economy, the board said.

"The fastest population growth of all metros, Calgary proved that it was an attractive place for people seeking work," the board concluded. "Calgary's housing affordability and clean air provide further evidence of its livability."

Toronto remains "a good place to live" but persistent weaknesses in the economic indicators that were tracked in the report contributed to its slide in rankings.

The gap between Toronto and U.S. cities, such as San Francisco, Boston and Seattle, remains large, particularly on productivity and gross domestic product (GDP).

Toronto sits in the bottom half of the rankings with C and D grades, performing worse than last year on productivity, the report said. The city was in the bottom half of the rankings on GDP per capita.

The board recommended that Toronto:

The board's report was prepared by the Conference Board of Canada and the Certified Management Accountants of Ontario.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Reddish Congratulation and jubilation, celebration in these days of your expectation

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
seglad said:
Calgary, Toronto rate highly in prosperity report
The board recommended that Toronto:
Thank u Seglad. +1 for you

Quite an interesting post. This helps us to 'solidify' our choices of where to land!

May be there is something i am missing in your post 'The board recommended that Toronto:.......'

Many thanks

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Please help on this one.

I got the below from Accra....

Dear OLAYEMI xxxx xxxxxxxx,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, received on 22-10-2009.

In order to continue the processing of your application, we require the following information/documentation:

* An updated IRPA application for you and your spouse. Forms can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp. An application includes the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008], the Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] and the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406]. As the principal applicant, you must also complete the Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3].

If we have not received a response from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of the date of this letter, your application will be assessed based on the information available on file, which may result in a refusal of your application. If your application is refused, you will be able to reapply, but you will be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application will be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is submitted.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Prior to this, I have got one from them requesting for updated police certificate and another medical request (which they said has been posted and should reach me this week or next).

Question is, for the updated IRPA application, do I need to submit supporting document again considering that nothing has changed?

Please advise.

Thanks.

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gent2 said:
Hello all,

Please help on this one.

I got the below from Accra....

Dear OLAYEMI xxxx xxxxxxxx,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, received on 22-10-2009.

In order to continue the processing of your application, we require the following information/documentation:

* An updated IRPA application for you and your spouse. Forms can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp. An application includes the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008], the Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] and the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406]. As the principal applicant, you must also complete the Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3].

If we have not received a response from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of the date of this letter, your application will be assessed based on the information available on file, which may result in a refusal of your application. If your application is refused, you will be able to reapply, but you will be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application will be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is submitted.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Prior to this, I have got one from them requesting for updated police certificate and another medical request (which they said has been posted and should reach me this week or next).

Question is, for the updated IRPA application, do I need to submit supporting document again considering that nothing has changed?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Just fill the forms as requested ensuring that the information match with previous forms since nothing has changed. No need for documents. You will be fine.

Quebec12

Mar 30, 2011
Hello All,

I am kinda new to this forum.

I would like to immigrate to canada.

So far, I have gone through the website cic.gc.ca but then a little brief about what I have done so far.

I have been working as a Training and Development Consultant for the past 3 years and prior to that I have1 year banking experience so total experience is 4 years. Challenge is, my profession falls under Professional Occupation in Business Services to Management which the Cap has been reached though I got 68 points. I am guessing that this means that they are not processing applications submitted under this category but for how long?

I tried the assessment on canadavisa.com and I qualified under the Quebec Skilled worker category. I am tempted to go with David Cohen on this but I would just like to keep my options open and ask for advise and opinions from my fellow Nigerians.

The Federal Skilled worker Cateogy would have been the best option because going the Quebec route means I will need to start learning French....., which is ok really but............. ::)

So people Make una tell me wetin una think o!

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@gent2
I think this is a request of progress. So in a way, congrats. The important thing is to fill the required forms carefully and on time, because from you time line, it appears your medical will be expiring soon. Hope they won't ask you to do another one.
Whichever way, i believe the best is what awaits you.
Tolu

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toluwanile said:
@ gent2
I think this is a request of progress. So in a way, congrats. The important thing is to fill the required forms carefully and on time, because from you time line, it appears your medical will be expiring soon. Hope they won't ask you to do another one.
Whichever way, i believe the best is what awaits you.
Tolu
@ iii, thanks. i was thinking in the same line too.
@Toluwanile, Thanks, I will do so as soon as I return home. They already asked me to re-validate my medicals. They have sent the new medical request and should reach me by next week (according to them).

Thanks.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@Quebec12
You are welcome to the forum. I pray the Lord will grant your desire as you pursue this dream. However, i want you to know that this forum can be of great assistance to you in endeavor. It is so resourceful that you can file your application by yourself. If you have any querry, you only need to post it here and you get prompt answers.
It may safe you both money and time, but if you don't have the time to sit down to the forum, then the services of an agent like Cohen will be very useful.
Tolu

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Looks like Accra and all the VO in general are working on the 2009 backlogs

DEW

Feb 12, 2011
Hello All,

Am a newbie on this forum, though av been following for quite some time and av been quite informed thru the posts here.

Pa Awoderu,

how are u sure accra is attending to 2009 backlogs?

thanks for the wonderful posts

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
My people, make una relax. Everyone go get pr.
Pls read this to cool your nerves

A woman was sitting in the bar with two guys beside her. The first guy says to the bar man, Johnnie Walker single while the second blurts out Jack Daniels single. At that, the bar man approaches the lady and asks, and you madam? She said proudly, Shalewa Afonja Married

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Hello felow members,i would like know when and where the next meeting will be holding.

Thanks

Quebec12

Mar 30, 2011
Hello Tolu,

Good to hear from you.

Could you please help answer my questions? I need answers ASAP.

Do you think I still stand a chance applying for the Federal Skills worker or I should just go the Quebec route?

Thanks lots for your help.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec12 said:
Hello All,

I am kinda new to this forum. Welcome aboard!

I would like to immigrate to canada. It's a good and realisable dream. In are in the right place at the right time.

So far, I have gone through the website cic.gc.ca but then a little brief about what I have done so far. That's a good start. Shoot...

I have been working as a Training and Development Consultant for the past 3 years and prior to that I have1 year banking experience so total experience is 4 years. Challenge is, my profession falls under Professional Occupation in Business Services to Management which the Cap has been reached though I got 68 points. I am guessing that this means that they are not processing applications submitted under this category but for how long? If the ministerial list doesn't change before June 27th 2011, you can still apply. You need to have all your documents ready before then though, since this is about the only route for so many people. Your IELTS test must be have been concluded before then for you to have a firm score in respect of your use of english. Your 68points can only be confirmed after you do IELTS.

I tried the assessment on canadavisa.com and I qualified under the Quebec Skilled worker category. I am tempted to go with David Cohen on this but I would just like to keep my options open and ask for advise and opinions from my fellow Nigerians. That's another valid route you can consider should FSW be difficult or unavailable. You however don't need the services of David Cohen. Members in this forum are only too glad to assist you with your application. You only need to have read the application documents and processes properly.

The Federal Skilled worker Cateogy would have been the best option because going the Quebec route means I will need to start learning French....., which is ok really but............. ::) That na the opportunity cost...

So people Make una tell me wetin una think o! The speaker don sound loud ooooooooooooooo. 8) If the hearer no hear well make him knock small...