+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR DETAILED FREE INFO. QUITE A THOUGHT PROVOKING ONE. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN PEOPLE TRAVEL BLINDLY. THANK GOD WE HAVE FORUM LIKE THIS AND SENIORS LIKE YOU TO GUIDE US I HOPE WE ALL LEARN FROM THIS.

YOU MENTIONED DOCTORS AND LAWYERS PLEASE WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS? WHAT ARE THIER CHANCES? WHAT ABOUT ENERGY ECONOMIST ANY BETTER DEAL FOR THEM? PLEASE ADVISE US (ACCOUNTANTS) ON OPTION OPEN TO US.
THANKS
TINU

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
My dia 9ija pple,

I stumble on a survey being carried out by cic and wish to share it with you.

Please take time to respond to the questions on how to include more occupation in the cic list.

This is the site : https://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/cons-P/?lang=en

regards.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
tinuadeadebola said:
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR DETAILED FREE INFO. QUITE A THOUGHT PROVOKING ONE. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN PEOPLE TRAVEL BLINDLY. THANK GOD WE HAVE FORUM LIKE THIS AND SENIORS LIKE YOU TO GUIDE US I HOPE WE ALL LEARN FROM THIS.

YOU MENTIONED DOCTORS AND LAWYERS PLEASE WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS? WHAT ARE THIER CHANCES? WHAT ABOUT ENERGY ECONOMIST ANY BETTER DEAL FOR THEM? PLEASE ADVISE US (ACCOUNTANTS) ON OPTION OPEN TO US.
THANKS
TINU
Accountants have relatively good prospects in Canada, compared to other professions. I'm not an accountant, so take this with a pinch of salt. I have however worked with accountants and helped a few accountants immigrate to Canada. In my opinion, it is not as regulated as Medicine, Engineering, etc.
Someone with a Nigerian or foreign degree and some experience, may be able to get a job without the CMA, CFA, or other financial designations. The "quality" of job is a different case entirely....but at least, it's something to hold on to while you navigate your way through. Eventually, you will need to get one of those "financial designations" (if you do not have them) to start earning the big bucks...till then, you may end up at a consulting firm that pay you "peanuts" or at a bank. Most of these institutions will actually pay for your trainings (if they see you as a potential long term employee) in return for your service.

A financial analyst in the Energy market also has good prospects. When people talk about Energy, they often refer to Oil firms. Please do not ignore utility firms...in terms of stability, they are up there. Goodluck.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks Prof.

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Tinuadebola, i am an chartered accountant from Nigeria too, sent in my application to cic march 1 2010. when are u sending yours

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical requested while wife still pregnant

My wife is pregnant and is due to give birth in June, 2010. How do i inform CHC in order to add the new baby when born after the medical request? I learnt from the one ot the post that is not medically adviced to expose pregnant women to X-ray. Should i delay my wife medical examination and go ahead with myself and the children medical examination, and to request for a new medical request for my wife together with the baby when born.

Besdes, am on 3-months business trip in England, just landed in UK the 10th of March, and got medical request the 17th of march, my return flight- tickets dated to the 9th of June.( return date can not be changed) Can i go to DMP in England to do my own medical while my children do theirs in Nigeria, Would CHC accept my medical been done in England and my family do theirs in Nigeria.

Anyone who can bail me out please.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
HI NEDDY
GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE SUBMITTED SO THE WAITING BEGINS. I SENT MINE TO MY CONSULTANT IN UK (GOT A CONSULTANT BEFORE I STUMBLE ON THIS FORUM) ON TUESDAY AND HOPEFULLY SHE WILL SEND IT BY MONDAY. WE NEED TO TALK MORE. A SENIOR ADVISED THAT IT WILL BE NICE FOR US TO START ACCA HERE BECAUSE IT WILL BE AN ADVANTAGE TO US THERE.

BEST OF LUCK
TINU

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seglad,

Double congrats for both your expectant wife and medicals.

Doing medicals in different countries for you and the children shouldn't be a problem at all. All you need to ensure is your file number, date of birth, surname, visa office is clearly written out and given to the DMP so that he/she can attach it to all your documents prior to sending it off to the regional office in charge of Accra.

For your new born, I would advise to wait until his/her arrival in June to do the test for your wife and baby. Health is wealth. At that time you will send a case specific enquiry to Accra informing them that you just had a baby. I would advise that you that the day after the baby arrives to shorten the response time.

Their response will be that you should update family informatiom.

Congrats again.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the advice, i shall definately do what you suggested.And also thanks for the good wishes

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Prof,all has been well taken and noted.Prepare and prepare well,I got it and so is everyone.

Ig

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
barsindoo said:
Seglad,

Double congrats for both your expectant wife and medicals.

Doing medicals in different countries for you and the children shouldn't be a problem at all. All you need to ensure is your file number, date of birth, surname, visa office is clearly written out and given to the DMP so that he/she can attach it to all your documents prior to sending it off to the regional office in charge of Accra.
CiC accra sends out med forms in sealed envelopes, which must only be opened by a DMP. Issue now is, in cases where you have daddy/mummy/son/girl, CiC accra tends to merge daddy+mummy together in one envelope and the children go in a separate envelope.(9jas who've gone past this stage - pls confirm this) For Seglad: complication is UK dmp carries out IME on seglad, and hands out the opened envelope containing Seglads wife's med form to seglad. 9ja dmp may or may not accept to carry out IME(depending on how fussy they want to be) for seglad's wife cos the envelope has been opened and the integrity of the form cannot be relied upon..
For your new born, I would advise to wait until his/her arrival in June to do the test for your wife and baby. Health is wealth. At that time you will send a case specific enquiry to Accra informing them that you just had a baby. I would advise that you that the day after the baby arrives to shorten the response time.
Safer to alert CiC before arrival of baby. Infact, do it now. Reason is - Meds recvd 17th March, BFwd Date will be 16th May. CiC reviews casefile on Bfwd date and finds only Seglads Med results, with no explanation for not providing results for dependents: huge risk of straight refusal upon review. CiC wouldn't know why wife hasn't submitted herself for Med test within the deadline and might just slam him with decision made. I'll advise he informs them now, so they know his wife is expecting, and can grant him the extension necessary to accommodate his wife and kids..
Their response will be that you should update family informatiom.
And they can also ask for Application fee $150 x no of new arrivals
Congrats again.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks Prof456... points well taken. I can relate to your advise in making plans to other countries. With accountant being at an advantage in securing a job, are there companies out there offering arranged employment even in this hard times? seems very very difficult.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Dear Articulate Prof.

20 Gbosa for u baba prof. He who fail to plan ni oo -------------! I was thinking Naija guys gonna rough things no matter how but like u said here prof. Tito has warned Naija guys too on the situation in Canada viz a vis accommodation,transportation and the rest. I guess those who are planning to go with the family need to think twice, i agree with you to get there with the family and turn back to naija, if the planning is not enough. in order to avoid fine baaraa.
Cheers.

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have already registered for ACCA and have got a couple of exemption, i hope to write the exam this year. ICAN is not doing much in affiliating and patnering with other professional bodies abroad.

I am also preparing for CISA exam,. i wrote the exam previously. i believe it will increase the chances of getting a good job in Canada.

It is well.