+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day.Please,i am about to apply for the latest FSW.Aside the principal applicant,does my wife have to submit the police character certificate too?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day.Please,one of the companies that i worked with in the past 10 years does not have fax number and a website but they have e-mail address,phone number and full address.Does it affect anything?

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day.Please,i am about to apply for the latest FSW.Aside the principal applicant,does my wife have to submit the police character certificate too?
Yes she has too (and i believe any of your children over 18, would need to confirm the latter though)

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day.Please,one of the companies that i worked with in the past 10 years does not have fax number and a website but they have e-mail address,phone number and full address.Does it affect anything?
No it does not matter, those factors don't affect your application

Guvcode

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please,how serious do they take this settlement fund issue when i apply?What if they decide to verify through my bank and probably i have used the money by then but have the mind of replacing later.Infact,are banks allowed to give the exact amount in once account without the owners consent?Please,i need your response.Thanks

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Congratulations Biolah, Seun and Zeemama on your updates.

Ikemba

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Sahik said:
To God be the glory we landed in Calgary today 19th June 2013. God has started a new chapter of increase in our lives and I pray that this day will also come to pass for everyone looking up to God for it!
Sahik, Congratulations on your successful landing.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
9jcanada said:
Hi DP, as far as Physio jobs go, there's more than enough to go around. The major challenge is the exam process. The credentialing process used to be a never ending nightmare, but thankfully, they appear to have streamlined the process. Once you scale over the exams hurdles, it's up to you how far and high you can take your career.

What stage are you with the credentialing/exam process?

9j
9j,
I have been given told to go and write the written component before April 2015. Is there any way people prepare, maybe a preparatory group or something, though I intend to apply to UBC for their online preparatory classes three months before I sit for the exams. How far have you gone?

DP.

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
9jcanada said:
Hi DP, as far as Physio jobs go, there's more than enough to go around. The major challenge is the exam process. The credentialing process used to be a never ending nightmare, but thankfully, they appear to have streamlined the process. Once you scale over the exams hurdles, it's up to you how far and high you can take your career.

What stage are you with the credentialing/exam process?

9j
9jCanada
I got my evaluation last year and have till next year to write the written component.I have not received. MR yet.what do you advice.
Sahik congratulations and Gel003.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Double portion said:
9j,
I have been given told to go and write the written component before April 2015. Is there any way people prepare, maybe a preparatory group or something, though I intend to apply to UBC for their online preparatory classes three months before I sit for the exams. How far have you gone?

DP.
Hi DP,

The UBC program is a good idea. The only advise I will give is you will need to have covered some personal reading before starting the program. The program itself doesn't teach you PT from the scratch but it is valuable in developing exam skills and familiarizing you with the Canadian exam context.

I don't know if there's any fool-proof approach to the exam but I'll advice you incorporate the following into any approach you may be using:

1) Be sure you are familiar with the Alliance's exam blueprint You can download it from the website. This gives you a picture of the content areas where the Alliance questions are drawn from and also areas that are not covered by the exam, so you don't waste your time studying things that won't be examined.

2) Reflect on the depth of your PT training and identify the potential deficient areas. I don't know where you trained in 9ja, but to be candid must of our training in 9ja are quite shallow compared to the depth they require you to go here. For example if your depth of anatomy is weak, you may want to spend some times brushing that up. Same applies to other areas. Remember this exams tests your ability to apply these fundamental knowledge, so don't ignore it.

3) Lay your hands on relevant books and review materials if you haven't done so. What books you study and to what extent really depends on your own awareness of your current depth of knowledge but in general these books will be of help:

A) Physical Rehabilitation by O'Sullivan & Schmitz (Big Red book) - Good for general knowledge about principle and process of PT practice, assessment principles and some conditions
B) Clinical orthopaedics by Magee - This along with the next book below should be your bibles for Musculoskeletal (orthopaedics)
C) Therapeutic Exercises by Colby & Kisner - Principle and in-depth analysis of treatment techniques. Use this with Magee and you should have the basis covered for MSK. It is also good for some exercise protocol for Neuro and cardio-respiratory conditions.
D) Exam Review Books - There are 2 books I will recommend for exam oriented review. But let me advise that these books will be of maximal benefit if your foundation knowledge are up to date. They are review books and they offer opportunity to practice 'sample' questions but without adequate background knowledge you may not get the maximal benefit from the books. It is what you want to use close to the exam after studying most of your materials above. (i) - NPTE Exam Review Guide by O'Sullivan (ii) - Score Builders by Scott Giles. You may also want to know that these review books as useful as they may be may not give you the full picture of the Canadian exam pattern. In my opinion, the pattern of the Canadian MCQs are slightly different from the U.S exam in that the Canadian case scenarios are slightly longer and the proportional focus and percentage of each practice areas e.g Neuro, MSK etc are different in the 2 exams. Unfortunately the Canadians haven't developed their own review books so everyone has to make do with the U.S format for now. The Alliance website has some sample questions that will give you a bit of a flavour of what the Canadian case scenario looks like.

I hope you find this helpful.

9j

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Eni said:
9jCanada
I got my evaluation last year and have till next year to write the written component.I have not received. MR yet.what do you advice.
Sahik congratulations and Gel003.
Hi Eni,

I'll advice that you contact the Alliance and notify them of your situation. It used to be that you would have to pay for a file review. It is usually faster and cheaper than standard credentialing process. With the new streamlined process, I think it should even be faster now. So give the Alliance a call or send them an email. They'll be able to explain the necessary steps in details.

All the best.

9j

thomasladi

Jun 21, 2013
Hello House,

Am new also on here but I landed 2 months ago from uk to Toronto area. Just need to know if anyone know a reputable Nija lawyer in Ontario.

Thanks All

God bless .

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Sahik said:
To God be the glory we landed in Calgary today 19th June 2013. God has started a new chapter of increase in our lives and I pray that this day will also come to pass for everyone looking up to God for it!
Congrats on your safe landing!welcome to Canada !!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Biolah said:
@ All,

To God be the glory great thing He has done. My MR landed this morning 20/06/2013. Appreciation to forumites for show of love. I pray for showers of PPR,MR,AOR,PER ETC. Finally, may Canada favour us all in Jesus Name Amen.

BIOLAH
Congrats Biolah on the receipt of your Medicals.May the remaining processes be smooth!!