+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tessi
Sorry for coming back to you this later,I booked for the test and the speaking was on 19th feb while the main exams was on 20th feb.I got to Abuja and forget to pick my international passport,I was not allowed to take the test but I have book again for the 20th march at Enugu which is the next available date. This is part of the price to pay.

Barsindo
As per the medical form that was send to you,did they indicate the specific clinic to go or you can go to any of the clinic on they web site.

Thanks
Benny

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use any of the clinics on their websites that you feel comfortable with. You are not restricted any particular one. Finally I believe they are all the same.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
NAIJA APPLICANT PLS ADVISE

My people please advise me oh. Financial accountant with the private sector and financial accountant with the goverment sector which will cic rate higher. also what makes you qualify for NOC 0111 as against NOC 1111 are they equally rated? am about submitting in march and trying to be very careful

Thanks
Tinu

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: NAIJA APPLICANT PLS ADVISE

tinuadeadebola said:
My people please advise me oh. Financial accountant with the private sector and financial accountant with the goverment sector which will cic rate higher. I don't think they really care so long as your work experience can be verified by your superior or HR department. Working for private or government isn't the issue. Both sector obviously require the services of this professionals.also what makes you qualify for NOC 0111 as against NOC 1111 are they equally rated? am about submitting in march and trying to be very careful Wish I could help. I no be money changer. 8)

Thanks
Tinu

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Re: NAIJA APPLICANT PLS ADVISE

tinuadeadebola said:
My people please advise me oh. Financial accountant with the private sector and financial accountant with the goverment sector which will cic rate higher. also what makes you qualify for NOC 0111 as against NOC 1111 are they equally rated? am about submitting in march and trying to be very careful

Thanks
Tinu
All jobs on the list of 38 are eligible for fast-track processing under new FSW-new rules, and are treated equally as far as i know. What makes you qualify is not the job title per-se, but the job functions and duties. 0111 is for financial manager duties, and 1111 is for financial accountant duties. Ofcourse, in this case, you can have some overlap, and that is OK. But for us in 9ja - where we place too much emphasis on certifications, there's a mad rush for ICAN/ACCA, but only a very small fraction of qualified associates actually go on to practice the core accounting duties for a considerable period of time. ICAN/ACCA is usually a catapult into managerial finance functions, so i would imagine that there would be a lot of qualified accountants who only have say 1-2years under 1111 , followed by several years under 0111.

So pls go thru the NOC codes for 1111 and 0111, see which one closely matches your job functions. It is also ok if your career trajectory starts with 1111 and leads into 0111, just put the dates that reflects the natural progression eg about 2yrs under 1111, followed by 8yrs under 0111. In the NOC matrix, CiC has classified the codes acording to skill types and levels. To you and i, 0111 may seem superior to 1111 in terms of management heirarchy, but CiC does not discriminate between the two when it comes to points. They both get equal weightings as far as points is concerned. CiC acknowledges the "higher ratings" in their classifications as you have one starting with 0(0111) and the other starting with 1(1111), CiC classifies 0111 as managerial "skill type O" whilst 1111 is professional "skill level A" and CiC also mentions that "several years of experience in 1111 may be required to be employed under 0111 but this has no bearing whatsoever on points. They both get treated equally as far as points is concerned.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0111

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1111

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi All,

I just want to wish all naija's goodluck in all our endeavours in getting to our dealland.You have all been wonderful and I appreciate you all.

Tinu ,you are welcome on board and I hope you got something from all the contributons to your questions.

Best of luck to everyone.

Ig

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks all for your response. Oceana i really appreciate your detailed response it was quite useful and enlightening. As a new entrant i will be asking a lot of questions so you guys should please bear with me.
i wish everyone best of luck.
tinu

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinuadeadebola,

Please empty your in-box. Tried responding to your PM but it rebounded.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
My naija people,
I finally receive our pali today with stamped visa. I am so glad. I did not want to start a new thread because I will be off for a field work by tomorrow and wont be around to answer messages/question that I know will surely come. I thank you guys for useful contribution and wish you the very best
Cheers

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Sir K. The beginning of great exploits has commenced in your life.

The Lord shall ensure that you have good success in Canada and beyond.

G8 news. 8)

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Congrats Sir K! Wishn u all the best in Canada. We are all right behind you as we embark on this journey 2geda.

Take Care!

cherrie

Mar 3, 2010
Gud to see Nigerians putting heads together. In the UK with hubby goin to do our medicals tomorrow. gud luck guys.