+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
oceana said:
I am not familiar with the background info of this particular applicant, but i'd like to explain the reasons behind barsindoo's advice. The risks in asking ielts to forward test results to the visa office arises from diffrent scenarios
1. If Accra demands for ielts and give you 60days to provide it, you register and then ask ielts to forward the results to Accra, and you have an idea of how many points you'd need from the test, should your test points fall short - ielts will forward it to accra and thats straight refusal.
2. Its better to take test before it is requested because visa offices only give 60days to provide test results, and for some parts of the world, that may not even be enough time to book one test at peak periods. Panic sets in, you get stressed out, you start requesting for extension or even travel out of the country in order to secure a test booking within the time limits. Whereas taking it far ahead of time gives you much room to prepare and retake the tests if need be. And then you only pick the test score which gives you the highest points of all your attempts.
3. It helps IOs when they're processing a whole package as against you sending in docs to them in piecemeal.

Have you guys though about the validity of the result, what if it expires before being requested by Accrea

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Badmus said:
Have you guys though about the validity of the result, what if it expires before being requested by Accrea
IELTS general training has a validity of two years, as far as CiC is concerned. My advice was based on the assumption that the "tessi" applicant was applying under the new rules, since he/she mentioned CIO-sydney in her previous posts, and the chances of 2years elapsing before Accra carry out the eligibility review of his/her file is almost nil, since (s)he has already applied to CIO-Sydney. (S)he's looking at a matter of weeks or a couple of months at the most.

That is the context within which i based my suggestion. Thanks for bringing that up, as pre C-50(old rules) applicants wouldn't just start taking panadol for somebody else's headache, which i've seen to be a very common occurence on this forum.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
igbehinadara said:
Oceania et al,

IEPS made me start this thread ,and am so glad as how we are really appreciating one another in this forum.God bless you all. IEPS lost his pioneer Ayankogbe.I got back from the UK last year June after my studies and was just curious to check the website of csic and I discoverd that his licence has been revoked since june 09,trust naija, took to my heels and landed in their office and made all my claims and they agreed and apologise for not informing client.

Very bad move on ieps's part.

Last year Dec,they requested clients to come for verifiation,which I did but unfortunately na ojo surface.People had petitioned IEPS through the I.G and some of our files were taken to SFU(special fraud unit) in Ikoyi which our was one of it.I used my number 6 so fast and got the SFU guys pone no and had to visit the place after New year and met the late brother who is supposedly to be in charge -he had no clue.The good thing about our case was that I was able to get our IFN(immg file no) and have been tracking ever since then,we were filed for in 2005 and was just updated by my colleague this morning the Canadian authorities now send correspondence to client directly.Am optimistic that some thing +ve will come up soon.

That was a smart move.I had to send email to Accra through specific case enquiry, requesting for a change of address and an update after the generic letter sent in june.I received a mail saying:Your application has been sent to Sydney for pre assessment,however the embassy will get back to me.I was so worried and sent a reply that we already have a file no why pre assessment again.Would appreciate a respond from members in this regard.
[size=12pt]
Bit confusing this part. Do you by any chance happen to be on the list of 38?
[/size]

THE SPIRIT OF NAIJA RULES AND MUST CONTINUE.

Ig

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Barsindoo's suggestion seems the best way forward on this one. I think visa offices were only directed to forward applications received during the transtional period(feb-Dec2008) to CIO, and not yours that had a lock-in date of 2005. Maybe some old-rules applicants can help with this one.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Oceana,

Yes.But the truth of the matter is I need not re-apply under the new rules ,cos old rules apply to old applicant .cic.faq gave me more insight.

You guys are all wonderful.It is worth exploring all avenue and means.

Hv sent a mail last night and am quite optimistic.

Ig

ELDER

Jan 22, 2010
Dear Veterans,

You guys are doing a great job I wish you God's blessing as you enlighten and elucidate on matters that could have cost a colossal failure in the application process.

My question is about the medicals, I did my medical on 4th December 09, how long does it take to change on the cic tracker, it still reads "in process", when would it change to medicals received. Since the dmps are required to be fast on the process as opined by one of you experts, why does it normally take that long. How long does it spend in Paris before its forwarded to Ghana. Someone told me they had some technical hitches in Ghana, dont know if that's true.

My second question is on the landing fees, since the Ghana office will not send an acknowledgment that they have received your draft, how do you know it's okay or do you just assume that if nothing is heard from them for a while that means its okay. I sent my landing fees on the 17th december 2009.

Niger for Life!!!

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Hello,
I wouldn't get overly worried about the ecas tracker, it has been seen in some cases, not to be a very stable and reliable pointer as per the progress of applications. Are you under the new or the old rules? Ecas works differently under the two rules. Mine did not change from "in process" until my passport got stamped by Accra. Your PPR is just around the corner. I don't think that the delay comes from Paris, cos of the very reasons someone had stated earlier. Paris just interpretes the results and either fax to Accra or update it into the system(maybe caips?), which Accra then downloads or accesses. I have read on these forums that some visa offices have informed some applicants background/security checks follow the medicals, so maybe that could be a reason for the delay.

On the landing fees, what you can do is to track the parcel through the courier to know exactly when it was delivered and if it was signed for. Another thing you could do is to check with your bankers to know if the draft has been cleared - and this isn't straightforward if you've gotten the draft through a correspondent bank in 9ja, cos it could take days if at all they would oblige you the info. My cousin sent his around the time you did yours, and as at last thursday 28th when he prompted me to check with the bank, it had not been cleared. But it was signed for by the regular signature that had been coming up on courier trackers, so no real cause to be worried.

I say Amen to the prayers o. I pray your PPR comes quick quick. But i'm not one of the veterans, was only on this for less than a year.

ELDER said:
Dear Veterans,

You guys are doing a great job I wish you God's blessing as you enlighten and elucidate on matters that could have cost a colossal failure in the application process.

My question is about the medicals, I did my medical on 4th December 09, how long does it take to change on the cic tracker, it still reads "in process", when would it change to medicals received. Since the dmps are required to be fast on the process as opined by one of you experts, why does it normally take that long. How long does it spend in Paris before its forwarded to Ghana. Someone told me they had some technical hitches in Ghana, dont know if that's true.

My second question is on the landing fees, since the Ghana office will not send an acknowledgment that they have received your draft, how do you know it's okay or do you just assume that if nothing is heard from them for a while that means its okay. I sent my landing fees on the 17th december 2009.

Niger for Life!!!

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
oceana said:
IELTS general training has a validity of two years, as far as CiC is concerned. My advice was based on the assumption that the "tessi" applicant was applying under the new rules, since he/she mentioned CIO-sydney in her previous posts, and the chances of 2years elapsing before Accra carry out the eligibility review of his/her file is almost nil, since (s)he has already applied to CIO-Sydney. (S)he's looking at a matter of weeks or a couple of months at the most.

That is the context within which i based my suggestion. Thanks for bringing that up, as pre C-50(old rules) applicants wouldn't just start taking panadol for somebody else's headache, which i've seen to be a very common occurence on this forum.
what is this Sydney with Nigeria applicant, I dont understand...

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Badmus,
Sydney under the new ministerial system,is the place where your initial application is sent.If your application is eligible for processing,you will be informed in writing/email to send all forms and documents to Accra where you will be assigned a file number.I hope that clearify your question.

Ig

ELDER

Jan 22, 2010
Hi oceana,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I am under the new processing classification.

God bless you!!!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladies And gents,

Please how long does it take Accra visa office from IN PROCESS to requesting for medicals? I have tried doing some research but it is proving difficult. Thanks in advance.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes please............how long does it take to change from "in process" to medicals for accra applicants??? responses anyone

ELDER

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

It usually takes 2 months but add another month making 3 months. When I checked the stamp on my medical envelope, I found out that Accra had sent the envelope via post to my agent in Canada about a month earlier. So it is usually 2 months but because of postal delays add another month.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
igbehinadara said:
Badmus,
Sydney under the new ministerial system,is the place where your initial application is sent.If your application is eligible for processing,you will be informed in writing/email to send all forms and documents to Accra where you will be assigned a file number.I hope that clearify your question.

Ig
Ig,

Appreciate the enlightment, I submitted long ago but why are they treating us the old submit like this, we are tired of the waiting.