+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your results are ready for personal pick up 13 workings days after the test however you instruct them to send it directly to your visa office. I think obtaining yourself is better.

The test na pure water! Just do am to fulfill all righteousness.

It is best to do before it is requested.

For your initial application you can answer no if you are yet to do it prior to sending in the application. Sometime after please get it over and done with.

Reactions: brooklyn.brooks

Akinola

Jan 28, 2010
neddy said:
Thanks for ur kind responses, i have tried stanndard chartered in Nigeria and was informed that Draft in CAD Dollars was impossible, as regards credit card, on several occasions, my cradit card(from Nigeria) had been declined in international transaction.

For me this is a life time project and i dont want mistakes or delay as i have been duped by ieps immigration consultant in nigeria of almost $3,000.

My game plan is this.
1. Take My $1,160 draft(for myself, wife and baby) to Accra visa office.(the draft has been made out to the Receiver General for Canada)
2.Obtain a receipt in person
3.attach the receipt with my application to CIO in Sydney.
i hope to send my application to Sydney before the year runs out.

if anything is wrong with my position above, kindly let me know.
Sorry bros am also on same issue with IEPS, I just re-apply after 9month with the IEPS guy

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barsindoo said:
Your results are ready for personal pick up 13 workings days after the test however you instruct them to send it directly to your visa office. I think obtaining yourself is better.

For your initial application you can answer no if you are yet to do it prior to sending in the application. Sometime after please get it over and done with.
Dat na true, for anybody wey study for Naija, the IELTS , both General and Academic na peanuts(Guguru ati Epa)or na pure water as barsindoo put am. Ma people make una just do am to be on the safe side - again, like barsindoo put am, for righteousness.
Ma people, as I read for hier say, Bank Draft na big problem to get. All of di people wey say dem try to get am , try for standard bank. Why people no try for Barclay's Bank? Any reason? or. shey dem no dey for Naija any longer or what? Becos me I for tink say Barclay's go dey do am.

BobbyB

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Tito: Thanks for shedding more light on the license thing.
muchas gracias!

tito said:
Hi oceana,
There is no limit to when you have to pass the driving test, it is all up to the individual although they claimed you can only use your foreign driver's license for 60 days. Intl driving permit can be used for 1 year but it depends on the situation! A bit tricky to explain, but I used mine from June 2009 till Jan 2010 and was going to continue using it if not for the fact that the strike was called off. You will be ok even after 60 days as long as you don't get into trouble otherwise the driver could claim he is a foreigner if caught with intl permit after 60 days. Police wont go digging into your status cos its not their business.

The reciprocal license is pretty straightforward, like walk in, walk out! I think Ontario MTO relates with few states in the US to verify infractions and the like, not sure they go as far as Europe. Even that of the US takes a while and may or may not be reported at all. The required evidence of driving should not have the infraction reported but should not be a big deal if they do. The guys that will use the letter will not even read it but only want to see that the license is valid, was issued by the UK authorities and that the applicant has required number of years to claim credit for the class of license in Ontario. Mr X will not get punished a second time as long as the letter does not state that Mr X is yet to serve his jail term! 2 point endorsement does not sound like a big thing I would worry about.

Btw, you said Mr X applied for the removal of the endorsement and has been clean for 2 years? This is no issue at all!

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
barsindoo said:

I am not familiar with the background info of this particular applicant, but i'd like to explain the reasons behind barsindoo's advice. The risks in asking ielts to forward test results to the visa office arises from diffrent scenarios
1. If Accra demands for ielts and give you 60days to provide it, you register and then ask ielts to forward the results to Accra, and you have an idea of how many points you'd need from the test, should your test points fall short - ielts will forward it to accra and thats straight refusal.
2. Its better to take test before it is requested because visa offices only give 60days to provide test results, and for some parts of the world, that may not even be enough time to book one test at peak periods. Panic sets in, you get stressed out, you start requesting for extension or even travel out of the country in order to secure a test booking within the time limits. Whereas taking it far ahead of time gives you much room to prepare and retake the tests if need be. And then you only pick the test score which gives you the highest points of all your attempts.
3. It helps IOs when they're processing a whole package as against you sending in docs to them in piecemeal.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Akinola said:
Sorry bros am also on same issue with IEPS, I just re-apply after 9month with the IEPS guy
How did ieps treat you? I happen to know a few of his old clients at the time he pioneered this CiC consultancy biz in nigeria, and they are all canadians now. I did read that the man passed away recently, could that be the reason why your app is delayed? I can imagine lots of bottlenecks to do with transition of the business, Bank mandates, wills, courts etc! Please throw more light. I only learnt of his passing away when i visited his site after another poster said he'd been duped by ieps.

caveat: I have no relations with ieps.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naaaa............I went to pick the result myself and then sent it by courier to the visa office. At the time I applied to CIO, i hadn't written the exam. But I sent the original result to the visa office when they requested for my docs.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks ma pple...

However, r u saying I should wait till the result gets requested by Accra b4 I send it over? The IELTS form ask for the "Institution name" to send the result to; what should I put there?

Thanks~

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Tessi said:
Thanks ma pple...

However, r u saying I should wait till the result gets requested by Accra b4 I send it over? The IELTS form ask for the "Institution name" to send the result to; what should I put there?

Thanks~
Wait until you get directed by cio to submit accra specific docs to accra visa office. Ielts gives out about 4 or 5 results, but they charge you for subsequent reprints of results, so what you can do is to pick your own copy by hand and depending on your circumstance - you may ask them to send another copy to your employer or any organisation where you have a contact who will pass on the results to you, just for you to have a few copies of your original results and if you don't have any such contacts - just leave the space on the form blank. Try not to put Accra visa office on the forms. Its best to forward the ielts results along with your documents to Accra once you get the go-ahead from cio-sydney.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Qorax, Bobby B, Tito, barsindoo, oceana, PMM, badmus, fathertee et al,

I thank you all for the advise given to mail CIC Accra for the registration of the new baby which was done.

I have written CIC Accra for the new baby update. They replied that I should fill a new form .This is the reply:

“Kindly provide new forms with the correct information. Also let us know of the family update.”
My Question:

1. Do I need to send any payment along the form since I had paid when I submitted the form ab initio for me, wifey and one son?

2. They did not mention payment for the baby (as in CAD$550)

3. I need the website of the new form (SW1)

Please I need your urgent and candid opinion/advice

Regards,

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
Qorax, Bobby B, Tito, barsindoo, oceana, PMM, badmus, fathertee et al,

I thank you all for the advise given to mail CIC Accra for the registration of the new baby which was done.

I have written CIC Accra for the new baby update. They replied that I should fill a new form .This is the reply:

“Kindly provide new forms with the correct information. Also let us know of the family update.”
My Question:

1. Do I need to send any payment along the form since I had paid when I submitted the form ab initio for me, wifey and one son?

Yes. Payment for your son only. I think that should be CAN$150.

2. They did not mention payment for the baby (as in CAD$550)
CAN$150

3. I need the website of the new form (SW1)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

Please I need your urgent and candid opinion/advice

Regards,

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Barsindoo,

Thanks a great deal!

Regards,

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Oceania et al,

IEPS made me start this thread ,and am so glad as how we are really appreciating one another in this forum.God bless you all. IEPS lost his pioneer Ayankogbe.I got back from the UK last year June after my studies and was just curious to check the website of csic and I discoverd that his licence has been revoked since june 09,trust naija, took to my heels and landed in their office and made all my claims and they agreed and apologise for not informing client.

Last year Dec,they requested clients to come for verifiation,which I did but unfortunately na ojo surface.People had petitioned IEPS through the I.G and some of our files were taken to SFU(special fraud unit) in Ikoyi which our was one of it.I used my number 6 so fast and got the SFU guys pone no and had to visit the place after New year and met the late brother who is supposedly to be in charge -he had no clue.The good thing about our case was that I was able to get our IFN(immg file no) and have been tracking ever since then,we were filed for in 2005 and was just updated by my colleague this morning the Canadian authorities now send correspondence to client directly.Am optimistic that some thing +ve will come up soon.

I had to send email to Accra through specific case enquiry, requesting for a change of address and an update after the generic letter sent in june.I received a mail saying:Your application has been sent to Sydney for pre assessment,however the embassy will get back to me.I was so worried and sent a reply that we already have a file no why pre assessment again.Would appreciate a respond from members in this regard.

THE SPIRIT OF NAIJA RULES AND MUST CONTINUE.

Ig

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Igbehinada,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. That must have really slowed down your application however like our Vice Presido (Goodluck! 8)) your name dey work for you ooooooooooooooooooo! No shaking. ;)

Since you applied in 2005 I don't think the visa office should be telling you now that your file has been sent for pre-assessment. The rules governing that period is very different from what is prevailing presently. Also your having a file number does show that some form of processing had commenced on your case file.

I would want to advise that you should send another case specific enquiry dealing the fact that you have a file number and the rules governing your application is different from what is happening under the ministerial list.

Omo oruko a ro e oooooooooooo!

Peace

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Barsindo,

Thanks you guys are wonderful.Would send another mail as advised IMMEDIATELY.I bi God pickin ;so him must show me road and way.I enjoy this forum cos many good heads they say is better than one.

Choose ur name wisely,cos it matters in this present time.

Ig