+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eddy070 said:
Thanks for ur suggestion, but try an put urself in my shoe bcos i have a birth certificate from the hospital at the time of my birth but it was rejected. So my brother went to NPC where they issued him a paper with (Registration of a Birth) containing my parent names, so not sure if that is what every other person have bcos is not in form of certificate that why am worried. Take Reddish's advice. Obtain an Affidavit ASAP. It is a legal instrument recognised the world over.

wgodfrey618

Nov 11, 2011
i just finished filling out my application...need help on what type of document...1.. do i need it to mail my police clearance with my application?2.. How much is the processing fee? 3..And when can it b paid? 4..Do i have to complete my medical now for sending my application or will they send me the request?6..I live in Nigeria, How do i legalize copies of my document..7. Where in Lagos can i legalize them at cheaper price

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
SUNSHINE4U said:
yeah lets talk abt the CSQ. I apllied in March and got my AOR- in september i wonder how long it will take to get the CSQ does any one have an idea?
@sunshine4u,
It all depends on your situation,if you fall to Priority Lists may have your CSQ between 3-6months.However,looking at your time line and when you got your 1st AOR it shows that you didnt fall under the category(priority list applicant). Therefore, you have to keeping waiting until you are called for interview or it is waived and CSQ issued to you.My Brother, Waiting & Patient are rule of the game.VOus vozey dans a Montreal

Olu

Nov 27, 2007
I am a Nigerian applicant. Checking the application status, I discovered the message "We started processing your application on March 12, 2007". This is 2011 and no result yet. Please what do I do next. I need candid advice. Thank you.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My peeps

With all due respect to all the people posting questions on this thread, for the sake of clarity please make your question(s) clear and give the facts behind the query/questions. It is difficult to give suggestions or help when all you are putting out here is half info and asking for help on where to post application when it is clearly obvious that the address and format on where to send completed application forms are there in the instruction guides.

Please let us do basic home work and research before coming here to ask questions to which answers can be found by a few key strokes. Also, other than the VO, no one here can tell anyone when your visa or PPR or medical will be issued. Please let us ask like the learned people we are!!

I know a few people will shoot me down here, but i just wanted to say the obvious. My two kobos!!!

Peace!!!

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
HONOURABLE GERRY WEINER

This is to remind you of the invitation sent to you three weeks ago for a meeting with Honourable Gerry Weiner, a former Minister Citizenship & Immigration of Canada and fromer Secretary of State of Canada.

The details of the meeting are:
Venue: Raddisson Blue Ozumba Mbadiwe, Victoria Island, Lagos
Date: Sunday November 20, 2011
Time: 4-6pm

Please remember to make it a date you will be happier for it.

I got the above msg from another yahoo group. You may wish to try it out.

Kcsider

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
Just for our information.

Canada introduces new 'super visa' for families

Canadian officials on Friday announced a new two-year, multi-entry "super visa" for parents and grandparents of immigrants settled in Canada.

The move came after wait times for sponsorship of "family class" applications had grown to an unwieldy seven years or longer.

"Without taking action, those times will continue to grow, and that is unacceptable," said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney in announcing the move.

"Action must be taken to cut the backlog, reduce the wait times, and ensure that the parents and grandparents program is sustainable over the long run," Kenney said.

The multiple-entry "Parent and Grandparent Super Visa" will be valid for up to 10 years, officials said, and allow applicants to remain in Canada for 24 months before needing seek visa renewal.

The new visas will begin on December 1 and the will be issued, "on average, within eight weeks of the application," officials said.

MAMACHI

Jun 11, 2011
pls help passport sent through aramex and was held in london have just 30days to submit passport to cic london pls whatz the best way to retrieve passport back

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
wgodfrey618 said:
i just finished filling out my application...need help on what type of document...1.. do i need it to mail my police clearance with my application?2.. How much is the processing fee? 3..And when can it b paid? 4..Do i have to complete my medical now for sending my application or will they send me the request?6..I live in Nigeria, How do i legalize copies of my document..7. Where in Lagos can i legalize them at cheaper price
You should have a document checklist that goes with the application form. You need to mail the Police certificate, Processing fee is on the form as well or check the cic website as they constantly update. You have to send payments either credit card or bank draft with the application pack. You would be sent a medical request soon after your application as received a PER and Visa office checks completed. You can legalize documents at the court or an attorney. Hope that helps.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
I am moving over to Nigeria next week as my UK wok permit visa would expire in two weeks. I just received PER by email today. Please advise me members of the house. How do I go about changing my address. Can it be changed on the client application status page or I need to contact VO? ??? if it's VO, can I contact them before my case goes to RBVO or after? I also learnt that 2nd AOR/RBVO is sent by snail mail. If they decide to send that to my UK address, no one would be here to receive the letter.

supa

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ontario FSW Backlog PNP on 03/04/2012
Nomination.....
10/10/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
Submited with Ontario PNP Application
File Transfer...
Pending -
Med's Request
Pending -
Med's Done....
Pending -
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
omoba7 said:
I am moving over to Nigeria next week as my UK wok permit visa would expire in two weeks. I just received PER by email today. Please advise me members of the house. How do I go about changing my address. Can it be changed on the client application status page or I need to contact VO? ??? if it's VO, can I contact them before my case goes to RBVO or after? I also learnt that 2nd AOR/RBVO is sent by snail mail. If they decide to send that to my UK address, no one would be here to receive the letter.
omoba,

you may do a case specific enquiry to accra to have your address changed and I think you may also write them a letter titled change of address.

supa

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
@Omoba, Can't you request an extension in your stay for 4-6 months to finalize your Canadian papers? Relocating to Naija will mean forwarding all your documents to Accra and joining the queue there. You might want to give this some thought.

reddish

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2009
Doc's Request.
27-10-2009
IELTS Request
02-02-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 -08- 2011
LANDED..........
Nov. 2011
ofonzo said:
@ Omoba, Can't you request an extension in your stay for 4-6 months to finalize your Canadian papers? Relocating to Naija will mean forwarding all your documents to Accra and joining the queue there. You might want to give this some thought.
@ Ofonzo, Omoba doesn't need to forward documents to accra even if he changes his address to naija, his application will still be handle and decided by London, A friend of mine was also in the same situation his application was decided by London including his wife and kid he had when on his return.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hello Naijas,

How many of us are interested in attending the meeting with the former immigration minister on Sunday the
20th November? I wish some of us could grace the occasion.

Please let me know ASAP.

@ladapo,thanks and how are you?Please exercise some patience.

Ig

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
supa said:
omoba,

you may do a case specific enquiry to accra to have your address changed and I think you may also write them a letter titled change of address.

supa
Thanks for the Reply Supa, I have just discovered the link to the CIC Accra website. I would contact them when my status changes to Received by Visa office. I was also wondering if AOR is sent by email or post or both?

ofonzo said:
@ Omoba, Can't you request an extension in your stay for 4-6 months to finalize your Canadian papers? Relocating to Naija will mean forwarding all your documents to Accra and joining the queue there. You might want to give this some thought.
Thanks for the reply Ofonzo, I was left with no choice, Employer is downsizing and won't renew work permit. I also had no choice than to choose Accra since the guidance at time of application (july 2011) says you can only put VO of city of residence in application if you have more than a year on your Visa and they would need to see a copy of Visa page with the application. I hope this helps someone. My friend entered London for Manitoba provincial nominee even though he had less than one year, by the time he got a reply back from CIC they said his documents would be transferred to Accra.

reddish said:
@ Ofonzo, Omoba doesn't need to forward documents to accra even if he changes his address to naija, his application will still be handle and decided by London, A friend of mine was also in the same situation his application was decided by London including his wife and kid he had when on his return.
Thanks for your reply reddish, I did not have the choice of choosing London Visa office as I had less than one year visa at time of application. (Aug 2011). New guidance advised that we submit a copy of visa page with application if country of residence not Nationality is to be selected as VO. Even, if I keep my UK address, I have no idea of who would be moving into the apartment, if Accra sends medical request all the way from Ghana to UK, only God knows how long it would take to get there only to be binned by the new tenant or ''returned to sender'' if he/she is nice enough.