+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus with just CoPR

prashant89

Aug 6, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone recently had luck with completing Nexus interview using their CoPR? I do not have the PR card with me yet.

Also, the Nexus website mentions 3 years of PR before we can apply. Has this policy changed recently as I noticed (Read in forums) few people successfully applying and receiving their Cards.

Also for using UCI instead of PR number. The UCI is 10 digits while the accepted limit in TTP site is only 8 digits. And this requires an expiry date for PR as well. So how were you able to fill this?

Do we need to wait until receiving the PR Card before going to the interview?

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Prashant

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you have US visa?
You need to have lived in US or Canada for at least 3 years. It said "resided as legal residents" which can mean as foreign workers, visitors or students.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/application-demande-eng.html

You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the U.S., or a Mexican national who is also a member of the Viajero Confiable program. Permanent residents of Canada and the U.S. must have resided as legal residents of Canada or the U.S. for a minimum of three years before the day of application.

prashant89

Aug 6, 2019
Hello YVR123,

Thank you for the point. I have been in USA since many years so I guess I will qualify.

Do you have any idea on applying with CoPR?