+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus Card

missmypartner

Sep 20, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
I'm currently in the process of applying for PR. I also applied for a nexus card as I will be crossing the border frequently. My nexus application still says pending conditional approval after 4 months. Is that wait time normal? What do I do if my PR is approved and I move to Canada before my nexus application is approved....do I have to reapply with a new address or do I wait until i "hopefully" get an approval and interview request to let them know I've moved? Thanks all

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
I'm taking that you're American (based on your profile image). You just need to update your Canadian status + new address once those take place. I think you can either do it in the portal or let them know when you attend your interview.

As for wait time, yes they've been super delayed since covid. Last I checked a few weeks ago, their quoted processing time was around 8 months.

missmypartner

Sep 20, 2019
United States
Category........
FAM
Yeah, American here. That wait is so long....well hopefully it will pass quickly as using one of the exclusive nexus crossing will save so much time. Its such a crap shoot when I cross right now for border wait times.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Depending on boarding crossing you will use, the nexus card is a real blessing but it is manageable without it if you watch crossing patterns - other than special times like holiday weekends. I commuted without a nexus for months and was able to manage by travelling earlier in AM and sometimes staying in Canada later in evening before crossing back. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long for you to get through process.