+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next Visit

karendog

Oct 15, 2009
Hi there,

I just heard a piece of news and wonder if it is true. I am a PR and my parents just visited Canada for 6 months which is the visa office allowed for. I heard that if my parents leave Canada on time, their next visit can be as long as 2 years, is that true?

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
karendog said:
Hi there,

I just heard a piece of news and wonder if it is true. I am a PR and my parents just visited Canada for 6 months which is the visa office allowed for. I heard that if my parents leave Canada on time, their next visit can be as long as 2 years, is that true?

Thanks
Visits are normally 6 months or shorter, but you can always request for an extension.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5551E.PDF page 5

lindenhurst

Oct 16, 2009
I am an us green card holder and have a valid polish passport. Can I buy my air ticket from Turkey and enter to Canada without any problem??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lindenhurst said:
I am an us green card holder and have a valid polish passport. Can I buy my air ticket from Turkey and enter to Canada without any problem??
I should think you would have any problems. US green card holders and citizens of Poland do not require visitor visa to enter Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

* citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;
* persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;
* British citizens and British Overseas Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom;