+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next Step After Success in Citizenship Test

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
Good morning everyone! I passed my citizenship test recently, how long does it take for the next step. and what is the next step - I thank you all for answering and advise - have a good day

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Next step is usually simply waiting for oath ceremony, unless IRCC asks for some document, which for the vast majority of applicants, they won't.
You may get your oath ceremony invitation in 2 weeks, or 2 years, no-one can really say.
Obviously, if your tracker shows that most stuff beside the test is completed and no longer in progress, you're probably closer to the 2 weeks scenario :)

Reactions: Akadri

Akadri

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks very much - I was asked for finger prints, which were provided in the first week of December, 2023 but there is no update if it's received. Everything other that citizenship test, says in process. Any advise is appreciated

IPULL

May 30, 2023
Thanks very much - I was asked for finger prints, which were provided in the first week of December, 2023 but there is no update if it's received. Everything other that citizenship test, says in process. Any advise is appreciated
Your next step is LPP to be completed and that can take a while, depending on your application/office…, once LPP completed you’ll wait for the oath! In my group May 2023, some were processed within 3-6 month some still waiting for the LPP to turn green.

Canadaman1596

Sep 26, 2023
I was asked for finger prints and test within 2 days time in December, finger prints has been provided and test has been completed 18/20. Tracker is not updated yet waiting for the updates.