+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next Step after MBBS, DNB Family Medicine from India

nitingates

Feb 2, 2016
My wife is a MBBS, DNB Family Medicine from India. She completed her MBBS from Government Medical College, Trivandrum in 2008 (joined the course in 2003) and then completed her DNB Family Medicine (Diplomate of National Board, recognized by Medical Council of India) in 2015. We are planning for filing for Canada PR but before that wanted to get more insight on future prospects for my wife. We have the following question and any further information on these would be highly appreciated:

1. Is DNB Family Medicine from India recognized in Canada?
2. If my wife wants to do higher studies does she need to do the bridge course? What course is it and how many exam does she need to appear?
3. Is that the only required course or does she have to appear for any exam there to be able to do higher studies?
4. While doing higher studies will she be entitled to stipend? If so roughly how much?

Incase she wants to work what is the procedure?
1. Here again is a bridge course required?
2. After clearing bridge course can she directly apply to any hospital (with her existing degree if its recognized and it has value) where there is vacancy or is there some employment channel kind where she has to register and wait to be called?

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
nitingates said:
My wife is a MBBS, DNB Family Medicine from India. She completed her MBBS from Government Medical College, Trivandrum in 2008 (joined the course in 2003) and then completed her DNB Family Medicine (Diplomate of National Board, recognized by Medical Council of India) in 2015. We are planning for filing for Canada PR but before that wanted to get more insight on future prospects for my wife. We have the following question and any further information on these would be highly appreciated:

1. Is DNB Family Medicine from India recognized in Canada?
2. If my wife wants to do higher studies does she need to do the bridge course? What course is it and how many exam does she need to appear?
3. Is that the only required course or does she have to appear for any exam there to be able to do higher studies?
4. While doing higher studies will she be entitled to stipend? If so roughly how much?

Incase she wants to work what is the procedure?
1. Here again is a bridge course required?
2. After clearing bridge course can she directly apply to any hospital (with her existing degree if its recognized and it has value) where there is vacancy or is there some employment channel kind where she has to register and wait to be called?
Hi, did you get answers for your queries ? My sister is in similar condition, would be helpful if you could share your knowledge on this..

Thanks in advance !