+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEWLY DEFINED DEPENDENT

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
No. If you did not include him in your PR application (had medical exam and listed as un accompanying), you can never sponsor him.
How did you immigrate? BTW he is not "newly defined dependent". He was NOT declared.

You can check to see if you and him meet the pilot project to sponsor undeclared family members. But I think you immigrated under an economics stream, so it's unlikely that you meet the pilot project requirement. (did you declare him at all? was he declared and you stated that he is exempted from being sponsored?)

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1487&top=14
I included him as a non accompany family member because my husband did not cooperated with me for his medical . I got my PR under live in care giver program.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I included him as a non accompany family member because my husband did not cooperated with me for his medical . I got my PR under live in care giver program.
This confusing. You couldn't have included him as non accompany family member if he never gone through medical.
You likely have EXCLUDE him in your application and in this case, you can not sponsor him.

There is some exception to sponsor family that was excluded before... I am not sure if your case fit in those requirement.
Unfortunately, I don't think he can.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1487&top=14

Who’s not eligible for the pilot project?
You won’t be eligible if:

• you weren’t declared or examined when your sponsor became a permanent resident
    • in an economic category (including as a caregiver)
    • after being sponsored in the family class other than as a spouse, partner or child (for example, parent/grandparent and their dependents, other relatives)
    • in the permit holder class
    • as an applicant in-Canada based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds

Last edited: