Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-21-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2012 (REC'D 01-16-2012)
LANDED..........
04-18-2012
Hi guys! I remember a couple of years back I was searching for my answers too! I didn't notice two years have passed. So how are you all? If there are questions or anyone could share their experiences as newbies here in Canada, then that would be soooo cool!!! anyone is welcome to share.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
My husband has been in Canada for just over 8 months now. I had not realised so much time had passed since I had been on here either!! :)

Thankfully things are going very well. He has already completed 2 sessions of ESL and has started his first job. For 8 months I think that is pretty impressive!! I am very proud of the hard work he has done!

There are lots of adjustments of course but that is what he signed up for marrying me ;D New country, new language, new culture, a child from a previous relationship..etc

One thing I have noticed about successful immigrants is having the mindset before coming that this is going to be challenging but what an adventure! Preparing themselves that this is going to be difficult but a great opportunity! Also, my husband thought of it as coming TO his family not leaving it.

Getting involved right away in ESL or some other Canadian social group where they can meet others of different and possibly similar backgrounds but at the same time learn about this new culture and atmosphere. Since I had done all the traveling before our marriage and visa process I took him out to important places to me, town I grew up in, my father's grave, the park we love to go to etc.

And for those of you going through the process right now.... hang in there! It's tough but so worth it in the end ;D

May Ann

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-11
AOR Received.
11-21-11
File Transfer...
11-03-11
Med's Done....
06-11-11
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-21-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2012 (REC'D 01-16-2012)
LANDED..........
04-18-2012
dair2dv8103100 said:
My husband has been in Canada for just over 8 months now. I had not realised so much time had passed since I had been on here either!! :)

Thankfully things are going very well. He has already completed 2 sessions of ESL and has started his first job. For 8 months I think that is pretty impressive!! I am very proud of the hard work he has done!

There are lots of adjustments of course but that is what he signed up for marrying me ;D New country, new language, new culture, a child from a previous relationship..etc

One thing I have noticed about successful immigrants is having the mindset before coming that this is going to be challenging but what an adventure! Preparing themselves that this is going to be difficult but a great opportunity! Also, my husband thought of it as coming TO his family not leaving it.

Wow! That's an awesome story. I am now halfway through my schooling. At first I was hesitant to go back to school, but I realized that I would have more opportunities if i went back. I'm learning so much about their culture, people, and lifestyle. It's far different from where I was from, but I'm glad I had the chance to come here. :D

Getting involved right away in ESL or some other Canadian social group where they can meet others of different and possibly similar backgrounds but at the same time learn about this new culture and atmosphere. Since I had done all the traveling before our marriage and visa process I took him out to important places to me, town I grew up in, my father's grave, the park we love to go to etc.

And for those of you going through the process right now.... hang in there! It's tough but so worth it in the end ;D