+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEWBIE... IMMIGRATING CANADA FROM PHILIPPINES (FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP)

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
Hello everybody...

I am a Police Officer here in the Philippines and my wife is an immigrant in Edmonton, Canada. We got married last January. And she returned in Canada last February. Now, she is 2 months pregnant. And she is planning to Sponsor me...

I am planning to go to Canada to be with my wife and our baby...

I applied for my Passport and I am waiting for its release on March 31, while waiting for that, I also underwent for a medical examination (Appendix C) from a designated Medical Practitioner here in the Philippines.

After I got my passport, I will send all my pertinent documents to my wife...

But here are my questions,

1. Will it be okay that I underwent for a medical examination though we haven't yet applied for Sponsorship?

2. I took medical examination while waiting for the issuance for my passport (that is prior to the release of my passport : I took my medical examination last March 17, 2009. And the issuance of my passport will be on March 31), will that be okay?

3. Do I really need to send these documents authenticated?
a. My School credentials: elementary, high school, college?
b. Income Tax Return
c. My Service Record
d. Police Clearance (whether I am a Police Officer)

4. I am a government employee here in the Philippines. Will it be a question, if i should drop my job for the sake of immigrating in Canada to be with my family?

5. Can anybody give me the specific, complete requirements as an a sponsored husband? I am a little bit confused in the requirements stated in Immigrant's Guide.

and finally,

6. Are we in the right track in applying for my sponsorship?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
First, regarding the medical exam...

What kind of medical exam did you go for? I'm confused, because you meantion it in relation to you getting the passport - the two don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

In any case, the medical exam should be taken BEFORE applying, you are required to send proof that you underwent it with the application. The DMP is required to make sure you are really who you say you are, which can be done using any valid ID besides the passport, so if that is issued after the medical exam, it shouldn't be a problem.

Regarding #3 - you do not need to send any school credentials or tax returns (where did you find that?) and from what I know, you don't need a service record either (if anyone knows better, please correct me). You absolutely MUST provide a police clearance though, no matter what your occupation is.

You're on the right track, though it seems to me you rushed the medical a bit. It's only valid for one year and I get the impression you still have some work to do with the application before you will be submitting it.

Regarding the requirements: you are required to be in a genuine relationship with the sponsor. You have to provide proof that you are indeed in a relationship: photos of you two together, details of your relationship, list of calls, emails, chat logs to show you are staying in touch, anything else you have that shows you are in a relationship. Since you're a police officer, I'm guessing you've not had any criminal history, so you're in the clear there. Other than that, there's not really anything else that's required of you.

I don't know if your job with the government will make a difference. I don't think it will, but that's just a guess, maybe somebody else can help you with that.

I wish you good luck with getting to be with your family. And if you have any specific questions left, feel free to ask.

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

I took the medical Exam (Appendix C). Yeah, it is really not related in my Passport application. But, I what I understood on the Immigrants Guide, I should submit it together with the Passport and the Immigrant form and the relevant supporting documents....

andiest

Jul 28, 2009
hi...
yes...u need to send the Mdcal froM the dctr to ur wife...and birth certifcte...Marrge certfcte...ur baptisMal crtfcte...and also ur police clearnce...but keep the orignl...when the cic rcve her aplication they will send u a letter to ask ur psport and other orgnl docs...and tiMe to w8....on last week of nov..i will try to follow up...My aplication......thne i will give u any info about it....gudluck...evrybody....

hope it will help u....good tht u hve Mdcal...

andiest....

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't submit your passport with your application, you submit a copy of it. You will not send them your actual husband until the end of the process.

Your wife has to not be on welfare or in bankrupcty, you have to not be prohibited for criminal or public health reasons, and you must prove that your relationship is genuine without telling any lies or providing any false evidence; those are the requirements in a nutshell.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi mindslife

im form Philippines too and my application is in process.. i would be glad to help you..

have you already submit your application??