+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Zealand Police Certificate - HELP?!

Livvo25

Sep 10, 2013
Hello,

I am a NZ citizen, living in London, currently in the process of applying for my Canadian Visa (International Experience Canada - 1 year working holiday). I have submitted my application, had my medical, and now I have been sent a note in my CIC asking for a NZ Police Certificate - I already sent the Consent to Disclose Information with the rest of my application documents, and it clearly stated that the relevant CIC office would obtain one on my behalf? Which is where my confusion begins!

The only thing I can find online is for the NZ Ministry of Justice to send me a copy of my criminal record (which has nothing on it as I have never had a run in with the law!) - does anyone know if this is acceptable?

So so so grateful for any help - if I miss out on getting a visa because of this I will be devastated!!!!

Thanks

jeet.nz

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
AOR Received.
nov 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
15/03/2012 re-med on 27/04/13
Passport Req..
feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 13/5/13 & received passports on 7/6/13
LANDED..........
may be mid of july
hi livvo25,
copy of criminal record is not acceptable but u can request personal information held by NZ police. I my case CHC kept me on hold for 1 year for not getting police verification from sydney office. I request personal record from NZ police & submit to CHC , it works.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Livvo25 said:
Hello,

I am a NZ citizen, living in London, currently in the process of applying for my Canadian Visa (International Experience Canada - 1 year working holiday). I have submitted my application, had my medical, and now I have been sent a note in my CIC asking for a NZ Police Certificate - I already sent the Consent to Disclose Information with the rest of my application documents, and it clearly stated that the relevant CIC office would obtain one on my behalf? Which is where my confusion begins!
Hi

The website does state "A Ministry of Justice certificate is acceptable for International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants" (way at the bottom), so it's possible that they want this one instead

They sent you this request by email? I suggest you fill out the Consent form again and scan it along with a copy of your ID and email it back to them. Explain that you have attached the Consent form and your ID, as per the instructions on the CIC website. Ask if this is acceptable or if you are required to obtain a Ministry of Justice certificate yourself.

Livvo25

Sep 10, 2013
Thanks both for your help. I must say, their online application process is extremely vague and easy to misunderstand!