+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Vs old portal

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hello,

Just a quick question is there a difference in terms of processing the applications and the times between the old and new way to apply?

Also I am applying for my baby to come accompanying me back as I have. PR but she was born outside of Canada so what is the best purpose of the visit to choose on the new application.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

Just a quick question is there a difference in terms of processing the applications and the times between the old and new way to apply?

Also I am applying for my baby to come accompanying me back as I have. PR but she was born outside of Canada so what is the best purpose of the visit to choose on the new application.
Then you should apply on new IRCC portal !!

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Then you should apply on new IRCC portal !!
Why do you need a visa? (required)
To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dyingTo provide care for a loved one who needs medical supportTo attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony

To join a vessel as a marine crew memberTo take up a diplomatic posting in CanadaTo travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada

To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752To visit Canada as a tourist

To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or trainingFor a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment

To study without a permit for less than 6 monthsTo work without a permitNot sure
* Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates. (required)

which one should I choose???

what is the best to write??

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Why do you need a visa? (required)
To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dyingTo provide care for a loved one who needs medical supportTo attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony

To join a vessel as a marine crew memberTo take up a diplomatic posting in CanadaTo travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada

To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752To visit Canada as a tourist

To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or trainingFor a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment

To study without a permit for less than 6 monthsTo work without a permitNot sure
* Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates. (required)

which one should I choose???

what is the best to write??