+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[New UPDATE!!]TEST TOMORROW!advice and last minute check

CicStratos

May 17, 2014
hey guys, so the day will finally come tomorrow. Its my test day.

I got my NoAs,
T4s
CELPIP-LS original script
passport copies
expired passport,
PR card
conformation of PR original document
school letter
employment letter.
Test Invite notice.

I did not make a copy of my application or the residency calculator result , so will that be an issue? I haven't travelled any way so...

How was the test for those who took it in scarborough? How long was the whole process? How was the interview?

Please enlighten me with your experiences members!

alright guys, i finished my test and everything. i got 18/20, so it was a passing grade.
after that i had my interview in which the officer checked all my original documents, it was around 4-5 mins maximum.
the officer seemed laid back and jolly, so he gave me the oath invitation for dec 04,2014 on the spot.

glad this waiting and patience is coming to a well worthy reward!

thank you all for your support and always be proud of being a Canadian!

Cheers

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Re: TEST TOMORROW!advice and last minute check

Be sure to have the original documents you've provided with your application. When I went one guy couldn't finish his interview, as he didn't bring his health card, which he had included in his original application.

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Are you sure you do not have any non-English/Frensh stamps on your passports? If so, you require passport translation. Hope you are ready and good luck. Keep us updated.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014

This is a post I prepared for those about to take their test/ interview ... Do what y can be done f ur test tom
Gdluck

Dear all
Hope my observation helps everyone about to take the test and go through the interview ... The main issue is your credibility in the interview .. Off course only proven with solid evidence ; documents to avoid RQ post test
From others posts , the officer validates every single stamp / and questions any other residence permit in your passport with your input in the residency calculator and travel history
So my advice before yr test is
1) revise your passport pages again and make sure they match your residency calculator input
2) make sure you have translations of all foreign stamps even if old ones to avoid being suspected ( the officer cannot identify if it was old if it wasn't in English)
3) if you had a trip out of Canada after applying ( with a foreign stamp that needs translation ) , Make sure you translate that too ( as the officer has doubted a friend of mine )
4) all US entry / exits report can be obtained for those frequent US travelers as sometimes some stamps of Canada entry are missing
5 ) VIP point... If y have a residency permit to any country (especially UAE ) wether was valid after landing or even cancelled later on ... Get entry / exit report from that country ready with you in the interview ( and CBSA ) to avoid a RQ
6) lastly if you hv boarding passes , e tickets of your travels hv them organized as proof if possible ( although y might not hv the chance or time to show them )
Familiarize yourself with your passport to answer quickly and have your documents showing entry / exits logs as CBSA reports / US reports / any other country with a residency permit and those countries with a egate as UAE to avoid RQ
These are just some simple observations from other posts ... Pls feel free to correct / add anything more
My best wishes to all

CicStratos

May 17, 2014
thanks for all your advice, it helped. I never travelled since i got here so the officer didnt have any issues

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CicStratos said:
thanks for all your advice, it helped. I never travelled since i got here so the officer didnt have any issues
How as your test. Please share with us

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just take it easy.. Bring original documents (like id/passport etc.)
Regarding airticket/bording pass. that's all fear mongering. They do not expect that and they do not need that.
If you have honest application nothing looks sketchy and you can explain why have you been out of country you will be good. No one expects to keep and bring airtickets/boarding pass.

Just relax.. You will be good.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
CicStratos, did the test have a lot of dates related questions and who discovered this and who discovered that with dates ?? or the questions were just related to Canada's history, geography and current political system questions ? your input would be much appreciated. :)

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I understand you did your test and passed. A general advice is read the book and never discuss test question. As any other exams in life do a fair reading and preparation. Lets just discuss interview experience it can help others. How was your interview and did you get oath letter. What was the documents most important based on which your decision made to give oath letter or RQ.

CicStratos said:
test was easy, just make sure you have studied from the offical guide.