+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
If it is easily done, that's excellent.

I'll be there in August for about 2 weeks, so we are trying to get the whole marriage application done by the time I leave, then ill come back in a couple months to actually do the ceremony and get married.

Question being, is 2 weeks long enough time to get the CENOMAR? I hear you can get it in person in the Philippines.
Where will you be in the Phils? I asked before and maybe you have a reason for not saying. If I know where you plan to be, I'll be better able to tell about time to get Cenomar.

emett22

Jul 24, 2023
Where will you be in the Phils? I asked before and maybe you have a reason for not saying. If I know where you plan to be, I'll be better able to tell about time to get Cenomar.
I'm sorry, I must have missed that.
I will be in San Fernando, in the province of LA Union.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm sorry, I must have missed that.
I will be in San Fernando, in the province of LA Union.
You are in luck. There's a Philippines Statistics Authority office there:

PSA Building, Diosdado Macapagal Gov't Center Barangay Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga 2000

You can walk in without an appointment. You each fill out a form (take your passports and any Phils ID your wife has) and hand it to the cashier and pay a small amount (I can't recall, maybe p200 or so). Then sit down and wait to be called to the "Releasing" counter. There, you will get your Cenomar, or, maybe a surprise...a record of marriage. I'll take it your wife has no record there. The whole thing might take 1-2 hours.

emett22

Jul 24, 2023
You are in luck. There's a Philippines Statistics Authority office there:

PSA Building, Diosdado Macapagal Gov't Center Barangay Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga 2000

You can walk in without an appointment. You each fill out a form (take your passports and any Phils ID your wife has) and hand it to the cashier and pay a small amount (I can't recall, maybe p200 or so). Then sit down and wait to be called to the "Releasing" counter. There, you will get your Cenomar, or, maybe a surprise...a record of marriage. I'll take it your wife has no record there. The whole thing might take 1-2 hours.
Well that sounds excellent. I was texting her, and she just told me basically this as well just now. Yes, she already got her Cenomar, so no surprise lol

Though I was still told to get a Legal capacity to contract marriage along with my CENOMAR by her when she said she spoke with someone that worked at the registrar. I believe that's why I needed the Statement in Lieu, but perhaps my situation will be like yours. I'll try to make sure though.

Thank you for the help though! If you don't mind, I might get back to you if I have any more questions. I don't know of anyone who has done this before personally, so any advice I would be grateful for.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Well that sounds excellent. I was texting her, and she just told me basically this as well just now. Yes, she already got her Cenomar, so no surprise lol

Though I was still told to get a Legal capacity to contract marriage along with my CENOMAR by her when she said she spoke with someone that worked at the registrar. I believe that's why I needed the Statement in Lieu, but perhaps my situation will be like yours. I'll try to make sure though.

Thank you for the help though! If you don't mind, I might get back to you if I have any more questions. I don't know of anyone who has done this before personally, so any advice I would be grateful for.
Sure, I am happy to answer any further questions you might have, to the extent that I can.

mrsalehi

Jun 23, 2021
Hello guys I just submitted my spouse application 20 days ago , when I can apply for TRV ? Do I have to wait to receive AOR?

Aug 1, 2023
We got PPR for our TRV!!!
Hello, Can you please let me know what all documents you submitted for the TRV? I am currently awaiting the AOR for my spouses PR Application. Does provincial healthcare cover your spouse when in Canada on TRV? Thanks so much and congrats!!

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
Hello, Can you please let me know what all documents you submitted for the TRV? I am currently awaiting the AOR for my spouses PR Application. Does provincial healthcare cover your spouse when in Canada on TRV? Thanks so much and congrats!!
I submitted her passport, immigration proof (UAE ID), Rep Form and proof of income since I will be taking full care of her financially.
Proof of income (Employment letter, Paystubs, Bank statement and Letter just to explain further)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Depends on the province. In many provinces your spouse will only qualify for provincial healthcare if they have an OWP and are working and in some provinces they would need proof of full-time work that will last at least 6 months. What province do you live in?

Predicted this would be an issue for many after they announced the new policies. Many will arrive to discover they don’t qualify for healthcare. This will especially be an issue for pregnant women.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM

I'm also one of those who married a Filipina in March 2022. The reason we don't get the 'Legal capacity to contract marriage' from the embassy is due to the changes during the pandemic (part of it is due to embassies being closed but the main reason is to cut out from unneeded bureaucracy). Now, you can get it simply by going to a notary office and asking to fill and sign/notarize an affidavit of no marriage (https://psa.gov.ph/sites/default/files/MC NO. 2021-04 Local or Philippine Notarization of Affidavits in lieu of Certificates of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriages.pdf).

I got my marriage licence and I didn't get asked to provide CENOMAR but this depends on what city you will marry.

Be prepared to take at least 2 weeks to get the marriage licence and good luck finding a celebrant for the civil wedding as most won't let you book one before getting the marriage licence.

Aug 1, 2023
Depends on the province. In many provinces your spouse will only qualify for provincial healthcare if they have an OWP and are working and in some provinces they would need proof of full-time work that will last at least 6 months. What province do you live in?

Predicted this would be an issue for many after they announced the new policies. Many will arrive to discover they don’t qualify for healthcare. This will especially be an issue for pregnant women.
Thank you for the reply! I am in Alberta. I was going to apply for her work visa once my spouse arrives here on the TRV. Do you know if this can be done? Under the new measures, one can apply for work visa as an "in Canada" applicant. She's coming from India.

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
I called IRCC today and they were going to escalate our visa application as its been 2 months. She said it's not suppose to take longer than 30 days for the trv reunification. But they said the application is outside Canada at the VAC/VFS. I'm hoping this is a good thing? So she gave me the information to contact VFS.