+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New tracker shows background verification in progress but called IRCC and agent told me that security is not started, a bit confused

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
May i know what is PFL please?
PFL = Procedural fairness letter which is usually issued to you when an officer is not convinced of something. It gives you chance to respond back to them officer with evidences (if you missed anything) or explain something that you might have missed. When someone fails to satisfy a PFL request, their application is rejected.

Elena.qat

Sep 13, 2023
PFL = Procedural fairness letter which is usually issued to you when an officer is not convinced of something. It gives you chance to respond back to them officer with evidences (if you missed anything) or explain something that you might have missed. When someone fails to satisfy a PFL request, their application is rejected.
Thanks for clarification

achebe8190

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hey, have the same. They've updated my background on 5th June and that's all
Have you tried checking with other people who have the same timeline? I think on this tracker it shows when people start the background check part of the process but I don’t see eligibility and security outlined separately… You can message the others with a similar timeline and ask them if they have seen any changes so far, good luck! https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-express-entry-pr-application-tracker

weerakoonsam

Dec 2, 2023
Hi.. I am experiencing the same problem. I applied for a visit visa for July 3rd, 2023, and when I checked my tracker account, I saw that the application status was closed on September 27th, but the application details showed as eligibility completed and background verification in progress. I am stuck.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi...

Can someone provide me with some clarity:

Everything on the tracker was completed in Aug, 2023. This is when my BG check was also marked completed. Called IRCC and they told me everything is passed, and that I should be patient.

In Nov end IRCC asked me to redo my medicals, which were only done recently after my AOR in May, 2023. This time the agent was not aware why this was asked again, so I did my Medicals again in December, and this changed to completed again a few days later. Everything once again back to completed.

Today, mine, and my 3 month old baby's background check went back to in progress. Has anyone experienced this before? Could you tell me what this could possibly mean? Just to point out, my FP are valid till 2027. This is for an express entry PR application.

Thanks,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi...

Can someone provide me with some clarity:

Everything on the tracker was completed in Aug, 2023. This is when my BG check was also marked completed. Called IRCC and they told me everything is passed, and that I should be patient.

In Nov end IRCC asked me to redo my medicals, which were only done recently after my AOR in May, 2023. This time the agent was not aware why this was asked again, so I did my Medicals again in December, and this changed to completed again a few days later. Everything once again back to completed.

Today, mine, and my 3 month old baby's background check went back to in progress. Has anyone experienced this before? Could you tell me what this could possibly mean? Just to point out, my FP are valid till 2027. This is for an express entry PR application.

Thanks,
From your post, it seems like you added a new dependent to the application(3 month old baby), which makes sense for your application to reopen. Remedical request is usually a good sign.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
From your post, it seems like you added a new dependent to the application(3 month old baby), which makes sense for your application to reopen. Remedical request is usually a good sign.
Thanks for the response. I called IRCC and learned that criminality and medical is passed. Only the security is in progress now. Do you know what the security part includes? and how long does this take?

Thanks,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the response. I called IRCC and learned that criminality and medical is passed. Only the security is in progress now. Do you know what the security part includes? and how long does this take?

Thanks,
Here's an indepth view of what security part of background check involves: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

It shouldn't take more than a month for you. Ideally, takes days or week(s) to finish for a large number of applicants.

MrsSL

Oct 27, 2023
I just spoke to an agent and inquire about which stage of eligibility were completed or in progress, and he responses that they’re not officer, they cannot answer what I’ve been asked .