+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New to this forum.. Just have some questions regarding Visitor Visa?

canadianbabe

Nov 20, 2012
Hi there :) I'm new here; just hoping to hear about other people's experiences and possibly get some advice.

I'm a Canadian citizen and I want my friend to come visit me here. He lives and works in Saudi Arabia but he's originally a Jordanian citizen. He's been working in Saudi Arabia for 3 years. I'm going to send him an invitation letter; however I read that the invitation letter has to state my occupation... If I don't have a job is that a problem? It's not like I'm going to be hosting him here. He plans on paying for everything himself and will show proof of income. Also, what can you guys suggest in order for him to get the visitor visa to Canada? I know he basically has to prove that he will be going back to Saudi Arabia at the end of his visit, but other than his job how else can he prove it?

Thanks in advance for your input!

wtfrutalkingabout

Oct 17, 2012
canadianbabe said:
Hi there :) I'm new here; just hoping to hear about other people's experiences and possibly get some advice.

I'm a Canadian citizen and I want my friend to come visit me here. He lives and works in Saudi Arabia but he's originally a Jordanian citizen. He's been working in Saudi Arabia for 3 years. I'm going to send him an invitation letter; however I read that the invitation letter has to state my occupation... If I don't have a job is that a problem? It's not like I'm going to be hosting him here. He plans on paying for everything himself and will show proof of income. Also, what can you guys suggest in order for him to get the visitor visa to Canada? I know he basically has to prove that he will be going back to Saudi Arabia at the end of his visit, but other than his job how else can he prove it?

Thanks in advance for your input!
First of all, if he wants to come visit you why does your occupation matter?
As a citizen of Jordan he will need to get a tourist visa BEFORE he arrives in Canada:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
He can do that in the Canadian embassy in Jordan, he might be able to do it from Saudi Arabia I'm not quiet sure.
In his interview he can say that he wants to visit Canada so he could meet u, but no one should ask u anything about that.. it's all his business.
I don't know what kind of invitation letter you're talking about by the way, and why you have to write your occupation there.. sounds weird :S
Anyways, if he wants to visit Canada he has to do everything, u don't have to do anything. As simple as that.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
The intention of stating your occupation is to show you can help support him while he's here. A lot of people invite elderly parents, grandparents, or siblings still in school - so they provide the support. That's why they state their occupation. It's like saying "I work at X company, so I have a good job and can afford to support my mother while she visits."

Your friend will need to submit every last bit of proof he can get his hands on and pray for the visa. It's very hard to get one from Saudia Arabia or Jordan because of immigration fraud.

Edit: I would recommend writing a letter, that way your friend can submit that as proof as well. It's proof he really has you to visit.