+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rules not later than 21 December 2008?

Classic

Aug 1, 2008
Long wait for Skilled Workers applied in March 2008, for these candidates 8 months already have been passed, but, yet there is no indication for announcement and implementation of new rules. It was expected to come in Fall 2008 and limiting up to 38 occupations. My friend submitted application in Berlin at the end of Feb. 2008, Germany office, normally finalizes most of the cases in 24 months, but, these new rules seems to be a disadvantage for those whose applications normally finalize in 24 months or before this. Perhaps some other countries (whose processing time is more than 4-5 years) applicants will have advantage if they really fall in the incoming high demand professionals/skilled list (38 occupation).

Have any body knowledge/idea about expected date for commence of new rules for immigration.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Re: New Rules in October 2008 or NOT

Classic said:
Long wait for Skilled Workers applied in March 2008, for these candidates 8 months already have been passed, but, yet there is no indication for announcement and implementation of new rules. It was expected to come in Fall 2008 and limiting up to 38 occupations. My friend submitted application in Berlin, Germany which normally finalizes most of the cases in 24 months, but, these new rules seems to be a disadvantage for those whose applications normally finalize in 24 months or before this. Perhaps some other countries (whose processing time is more than 4-5 years) applicants will have advantage if they really fall in the incoming high demand professionals/skilled list (38 occupation).

Have any body knowledge/idea about expected date for commence of new rules for immigration.
No one really knows when the new rules will come out. It could be later this month, in november, it could still take months as politicians discuss in Ottawa. Likewise, no one knows what the new rules will state. Whether they will limit application through the skilled workers program to a list of high-demand occupations, or simply create a faster process for them.

People can take two courses of action: they can send in their applications "like there's nothing going on", and hope for the best; or wait until the new rules come out. Personally, I'm taking the first course, and will be sending my application shortly.

but don't pay too much attention to rumours, because they're just that. there's a lot of speculation going on (you can see it in this forum :) )

Classic

Aug 1, 2008

Is it true?

Applicants whose occupations are on this list and who meet the minimum points requirements under the Federal Skilled Worker category will be qualified for Permanent Residency. Those whose occupations are not on the list, will need to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency through the Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP).

C

cchabert

Is true if it comes from the CIC website if not I wouldn't believe that, the last press release was from Sept 5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/index.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It's just speculations now until the CIC actually posts something. It should be soon.

gaurav1

Oct 24, 2008
i am new in this forum

hi , all friends . i am new in this forum . dear all i want to know that how to apply for visa to canada . how can i complet my file which papers i have to attech to complet my file . my english is not very good but i hope you pepol understand what i want to say . please help me for this here or at my mail id gaurav_qq@yahoo.co.in , thanks in advance .

Shion

Oct 12, 2008

Me too are new to this forum....but I think I can answer your question ...
Seniors reading.....Please correct me if I am wrong....I'm just trying to help someone.

The answer depends on which visa you wish to apply...
Requiremnts are different and I advise you to log in to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp and read.

Once you read it, you could focus and be more specific on exactly what you are looking for?

Thanks / Shion

Classic

Aug 1, 2008

Dear Shion
You did quite well, good, well done.

Kind Regards

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Re: New Rules in October 2008? or NOT

Just talked to Immigration Minister Diane Finley s Constituency Assistant,Maybe Mid next month?????

Classic

Aug 1, 2008

No one really knows when the new rules will come out. It could be later this month, in november, it could still take months as politicians discuss in Ottawa.

May be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salman2007

Star Member
Oct 27, 2008

Classic said:
Long wait for Skilled Workers applied in March 2008, for these candidates 8 months already have been passed, but, yet there is no indication for announcement and implementation of new rules. It was expected to come in Fall 2008 and limiting up to 38 occupations. My friend submitted application in Berlin at the end of Feb. 2008, Germany which normally finalizes most of the cases in 24 months, but, these new rules seems to be a disadvantage for those whose applications normally finalize in 24 months or before this. Perhaps some other countries (whose processing time is more than 4-5 years) applicants will have advantage if they really fall in the incoming high demand professionals/skilled list (38 occupation).

Dear friend,

Can i excess the list for high demand professionals (38 occupation) which you mentioned?

Is Chemist among them?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nobody knows. The list has not been published yet.