+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New rules - Are you aware?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
2 year Diploma will give you 3 years PGWP :)
yes i know that 2 years diploma = 3 years PGWP. but based from my calculations, it will take 7 years to get citizenship.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hell911 said:
yes i know that 2 years diploma = 3 years PGWP. but based from my calculations, it will take 7 years to get citizenship.
mostly more than that
4 years after PR+2 years as a student+1 year of experience(if not using any PNP)+ time to find the skilled job....so roughly 7.5-8 years.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
And, that would not be wrong if the rules were same for everybody. But, that now Canada disregards the contribution of international students (the group that provides considerable funds to the colleges and universities here) is shameful and noteworthy.

Also to all those who believe that once you are an international student PR is guaranteed, it is not. It all depends on if you have been successful in getting a job that is desired. For example, in 2013 November, the CEC rules were changed to exclude many jobs. So, if u were unlucky enough to be working in that job, you were completely thrown out of the CEC stream. There was no warning, no waiting period, nothing. Check out the CEC section of this site to see the number of people that were affected.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Hopefulagain said:
And, that would not be wrong if the rules were same for everybody. But, that now Canada disregards the contribution of international students (the group that provides considerable funds to the colleges and universities here) is shameful and noteworthy.

Also to all those who believe that once you are an international student PR is guaranteed, it is not. It all depends on if you have been successful in getting a job that is desired. For example, in 2013 November, the CEC rules were changed to exclude many jobs. So, if u were unlucky enough to be working in that job, you were completely thrown out of the CEC stream. There was no warning, no waiting period, nothing. Check out the CEC section of this site to see the number of people that were affected.

List of excluded jobs under CEC; Option is still open to apply under PNP.

Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

List of excluded jobs under CEC; Option is still open to apply under PNP.

Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors
What I was saying was that if CEC can exclude some positions without warning once, they can do it again, and thats why there is no guarantee that if you are a student you will become a PR. The reason I stated that was because I see that many people have the misconception that once you are a student, PR is definite.

As for PNP, it has to be nominated by the province and a province can be (theoretically) more fickle minded than federal govt. Plus it also means that you have to be employed in that province to be eligible. CEC was a prog that was specifically developed for students and foreign workers.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this a good idea, finishing program in ontario, go to manitoba or saskatchewan to work and apply for PR fast?

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
Is this a good idea, finishing program in ontario, go to manitoba or saskatchewan to work and apply for PR fast?
Its a good idea if you can find a job and, as long as its easier to get nominated.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefulagain said:
Its a good idea if you can find a job and, as long as its easier to get nominated.
coz i saw the requirements of getting PR in other provinces is easier than ontario. not final, still thinking about this.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hopefulagain said:
What I was saying was that if CEC can exclude some positions without warning once, they can do it again, and thats why there is no guarantee that if you are a student you will become a PR. The reason I stated that was because I see that many people have the misconception that once you are a student, PR is definite.

As for PNP, it has to be nominated by the province and a province can be (theoretically) more fickle minded than federal govt. Plus it also means that you have to be employed in that province to be eligible. CEC was a prog that was specifically developed for students and foreign workers.
Buddy you are so negative you are pointing out the job profiles which they excluded what about the job profiles they included??

Job list for 2013 can be found on below link : -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp

Job list for 2014 can be found here : -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp