+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
need advice:

When I applied on May 21, 2021, for the essential non-health-care stream I was furloughed (not temporarily laid off) by my company due to the stay-at-home order by the government.
The experience letter that I got from the company stated I am on leave (though I was furloughed). Now I am back to work.

The recent IRCC guideline says:

I was employed but furloughed at the time of application.

Does that mean I was employed according to IRCC?
Furloughed means that you are still employed, but with no pay.

holo1600

Mar 2, 2021
I forgot to upload some of my old work permits, but only the currently active and valid work permit for the proof of work for the international student stream. II wanted to correct with a webform, but got a reply from IRCC saying that they will not accept it. :( Will I get reject later? I still did not get my AOR yet.

We identified that you have sent additional document(s) to add or to replace one or many documents already submitted in your application under the Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident (TR to PR) Pathway.

Please note that we do not accept unsolicited documents via the IRCC Web form for the TR to PR Pathway. The requirement was to submit a complete electronic application in the dedicated online intake portal as indicated in the Public Policies and the Instruction Guide.

While all supporting documentation must be included at the time of application, the processing office may contact you to request missing or additional documents (non-mandatory) at a later date, if required. In such case, the office will provide you with instructions on how to submit these documents using your IRCC secure account. Please do not send documentation unless specifically requested by a processing officer

Gagan Mand

May 11, 2021
Did anybody get AoR till date in this policy.???
I applied as a essential worker on May 28, 2021 and Still waiting ..

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I visited the panel physician April 30th and applied vis the TR to PR pathway. It finally came to my mind to check if my results have been submitted to IRCC today (over 1 month later lol)

When I checked my UMI number, I got this message:
“Your immigration medical case is not submitted. We usually take 7-10 days to complete and submit your immigration medical file. If you have any questions, please call the medical office during business hours.”

Is this normal? I didn’t get a callback from them so I assumed everything was okay until I checked today. I’m going to call them tomorrow, but has this happened to anyone?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi guys,

I visited the panel physician April 30th and applied vis the TR to PR pathway. It finally came to my mind to check if my results have been submitted to IRCC today (over 1 month later lol)

“Your immigration medical case is not submitted. We usually take 7-10 days to complete and submit your immigration medical file. If you have any questions, please call the medical office during business hours.”

Is this normal? I didn’t get a callback from them so I assumed everything was okay until I checked today. I’m going to call them tomorrow, but has this happened to anyone?
Some people have the same, me too. I think the errors by the web. I phoned doctor office few times but no answer.
If you lucky, let us know. Thanks .

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I got my medical done on June the 2nd 2021, and I just called panel physicians. I gave them the UMI number of my file and the lady told me all is fine and that they already sent my file to Ottawa. I'm not in any stream yet, but I'm just gathering all the documents, this was my last one. I can just advice you to call panel physician office where you had your medical done, give them the number of your file and they'll tell you if they submitted the whole thing or not.

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Some people have the same, me too. I think the errors by the web. I phoned doctor office few times but no answer.
If you lucky, let us know. Thanks .
I just spoke to the panel physician office. I gave them the UMI number of my file and they said the website has a glitch and it was submitted May 13th.

I hope you can contact the clinic you did your medical, so they can confirm with you.

Which one did you visit for your medical?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I just spoke to the panel physician office. I gave them the UMI number of my file and they said the website has a glitch and it was submitted May 13th.

I hope you can contact the clinic you did your medical, so they can confirm with you.

Which one did you visit for your medical?
I just called again, and the receptionist told me Med was send. She said the same about the website's glitch, no one bothered to fix it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
need advice:

When I applied on May 21, 2021, for the essential non-health-care stream I was furloughed (not temporarily laid off) by my company due to the stay-at-home order by the government.
The experience letter that I got from the company stated I am on leave (though I was furloughed). Now I am back to work.

The recent IRCC guideline says:

I was employed but furloughed at the time of application.

Does that mean I was employed according to IRCC?
No for the purposes of immigration you weren't working which is what IRCC is interested. You also can't count your working hours while on furlough

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
I have a Scenario, I was working in Food business (and currently as Cashier) both NOC are in there for STREAM B, the problem is, I was working in bakery before getting hired as cashier. After that I had my Masters Project (at the same place in Bakery) since I had good understanding with the owner by that time, he paid me for my project as well (as it was conducted in his small food factory as well as some report work at home) now the problem is since he paid me through same way as I was getting my cheque during the job, now the hours are overloaded for me

its like 900 (Bakery [originally its 420] and the rest I worked on Project for 2 Semester (Fall and Winter) at the same time I was working as a Cashier (which was my actual Job)

Please suggest me, should I submit the profile combining both job hours which will be greater than 2000, will they cause me a problem or should I write LOE along with proof of employment stating my situation and I have all the proofs of working for a project including my final year presentation at the University.

Kindly help me with it Guys!