Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,
Kindly let me know for french speakers, there are no significant numbers mentioned for french. Does that mean all the files submitted for french speakers will be approved?

thanks in advance
Yes, as long as you meet the requirements, you're good. No cap or limits.
I should've started learning French long ago.

Immigration is essential to the vitality of Francophone communities across Canada, which is why these policies include dedicated spaces for French-speaking or bilingual candidates, and no limit on applications for them.

lumoxmaxima

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Express Entry is a bit different, before submitting a profile you must prove your eligibility and if you’re not eligible, you won’t get in the pool.

If this new stream is “open” I can see many people trying to apply without IELTS and attaching a LOE instead, or people with 1 year diplomas that didn’t read the instructions.
Does postgraduate certificate/diploma work for this streamline ? I have 2 postgraduate diplomas but each are different programs. I did 1+1 programs and each were 8 months. Total will be 18 months.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
My wife is eligible. Like many here, she doesn't have a language test. We just booked it for June 4. Hopefully it won't be late but not sure about that.

I have a question about police certificate: How on earth can she get one at the moment, since she is not in the country of origin? Are we sure they will be demanding that right at the application level?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
She has a certificate she got when she first arrived in Canada, but she lived in the home country for more than 6 months in between then and now. This is all sudden and many things are disturbed due to covid. I am not even sure you can get those certificates now in our home country.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
My wife is eligible. Like many here, she doesn't have a language test. We just booked it for June 4. Hopefully it won't be late but not sure about that.

I have a question about police certificate: How on earth can she get one at the moment, since she is not in the country of origin? Are we sure they will be demanding that right at the application level?
Is there a way to get the police certificate online? If not, just simply begin the process of getting it, there’s no harm in doing so, and doing it sooner rather than later is better. Not everyone is going to be ready by May 6 or 7, but instead of starting to get documents on that date, try to get them before. The real bottleneck as someone mentioned earlier is the language test because all of Canada is booked.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have a pretty desperate friend that requested WFH for the upcoming weeks so he can travel to the US and get his IELTS in NY, then go back to Canada with his IELTS results. Crazy eh?
Yeah that’s crazy. I was thinking of doing the same, going to Vancouver or Edmonton for IELTS.
But luckily, I got one for April 20th in Winnipeg.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
We are not sure it's possible to get the police certificate online. As far as we can see, there is not.

Yes, language test is also a problem. She got a CELPIP slot for June 4. It sounds way too late but maybe she'll be able to move it to an earlier date? They keep promising new dates.

IELTS, we couldn't find anything prior to August or September.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
We are not sure it's possible to get the police certificate online. As far as we can see, there is not.

Yes, language test is also a problem. She got a CELPIP slot for June 4. It sounds way too late but maybe she'll be able to move it to an earlier date? They keep promising new dates.

IELTS, we couldn't find anything prior to August or September.
Who is promising new dates ?

I have a pretty desperate friend that requested WFH for the upcoming weeks so he can travel to the US and get his IELTS in NY, then go back to Canada with his IELTS results. Crazy eh?
Yeah that’s wild, but the travel restrictions and quarantine are tricky and might cause complications later if he gets stuck. Wish him luck though.

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Who is promising new dates ?

Yeah that’s wild, but the travel restrictions and quarantine are tricky and might cause complications later if he gets stuck. Wish him luck though.
I wonder why to go through all that. Other Lanaguer tests are also accepted. How about TOFEL?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
RCMP Certificate requires fingerprints, so there's no way to get it online.

Depending on your country of citizenship the method to obtain a police certificate varies, I'm from Spain and I got mine online within 3 minutes, sent it off to a translator and that's about it. Total time spent between applying and getting a certified translation in my mailbox: 4 days. Other countries take months + translation.
Yes, it depends on country of citizenship. We are from Serbia. You can't get those online. The best option seems to write to the embassy so they obtain it for you.