Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
Well yesterday I finally landed after completing my 2 months notice. So today decided to go to RBC and open their welcome to Canada bank account and get the RBC cash back credit card so that I could start building my Canadian credit history.

My immigration document as for most new residents from the UK VO is the IMM5688 Confirmation of Permanent Residence printed on plain legal paper.

So on going to RBC they said I needed to produce either IMM1000 or IMM 5292.

I told them that 5688 replaced 5292 but they would not accept this. Did I just get an idiot at the bank? I am going to try again Monday with a different branch and will ask to speak to the manager if I have no luck.

This clearly states the new document replaces 5292 so I have printed a copy to take with me Monday.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob379.asp

Otherwise who did you open accounts with and did you have any issues?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
ShaunT said:
Well yesterday I finally landed after completing my 2 months notice. So today decided to go to RBC and open their welcome to Canada bank account and get the RBC cash back credit card so that I could start building my Canadian credit history.

My immigration document as for most new residents from the UK VO is the IMM5688 Confirmation of Permanent Residence printed on plain legal paper.

So on going to RBC they said I needed to produce either IMM1000 or IMM 5292.

I told them that 5688 replaced 5292 but they would not accept this. Did I just get an idiot at the bank? I am going to try again Monday with a different branch and will ask to speak to the manager if I have no luck.

This clearly states the new document replaces 5292 so I have printed a copy to take with me Monday.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob379.asp

Otherwise who did you open accounts with and did you have any issues?
I already had an account with RBC as an international student; I went there with my COPR and passport AND the new SIN information, and they updated my accounts accordingly. One proof of this being official is by having a SIN paper (or card) issued by Service Canada.