+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport

NouraBBB

Apr 9, 2017
Hi all,

So I have applied for a visit visa for my mom who lives in Dubai last year. It took them a long time to process it but at the end, which is yesterday, I got an email requesting her to submit her passport to their office in Dubai. So I assume she was granted the visa.

However, her passport is going to expire in June 2023. Currently, she's renewing her passport and she would have it back in 1 week, with a validity of 5 years. My question is, would the visa be valid until June 2023 only or for 5 years?????

Did anyone go through this?

I was planning to submit additional documents on IRCC portal once she has the new passport; but now it says that (a decision has been made). Not sure what to do.

NouraBBB

Apr 9, 2017
Hi all,

So I have applied for a visit visa for my mom who lives in Dubai last year. It took them a long time to process it but at the end, which is yesterday, I got an email requesting her to submit her passport to their office in Dubai. So I assume she was granted the visa.

However, her passport is going to expire in June 2023. Currently, she's renewing her passport and she would have it back in 1 week, with a validity of 5 years. My question is, would the visa be valid until June 2023 only or for 5 years?????

I was planning to submit additional documents on IRCC portal once she has the new passport; but now it says that (a decision has been made). Not sure what to do.
up

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi all,

Yes the visa is valid only until the passport is valid, the same is also mentioned on that passport request form. If i were you I’d contact IRCC and let them know that you have renewed or renewing your passport and wanna submit new passport. Raise a web form and let them know your old passport is not valid more than 6 months( 183 days). Should work fine in my opinion. And it really doesn’t benefit you this visa where your passport is valid till June 2023. It’s just my opinion, haven’t done this actually.

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi all,

congratulations, if i may ask, when did you apply for your mother?

fad0805

Sep 13, 2019
Hi all,

Hi there! Can I please ask how you resolved this? My sister is in the same predicament, she applied for Visitor visa almost 2 years ago. Her passport will be expiring in September but she has applied for a new passport (she will get this next week). The issue now is that she was sent PPR today. Did you raise a webform and then send the new passport? Did that cause any problems with the visa stamping. Please advise, thank you!