+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New medical system

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Hello friends
i went to see a doctor in Casablanca here in Morocco on May 21st 2013 to redo my medical exam.
I did blood work and chest xray,and the Doctor told me he couldn't get me the Medical receipt ,because CIC changed the system since May 13th,and plus i already have an UMI number in CIC system which is unique Medical identifiant,I tried to explain to him that that UMI number is from the previous medical Exam I did 3 years ago with a different doctor and as we know it expires in 12 months.
the doctor's answer is be patient, the medical exam takes time now.i will call you when it's ready,but he isn't sure if the system would let him get this Medical form or no
My question is,if i decide to go and get a new medical exam with another doctor,is this possible?
it's been over than a week we are waiting now,and before it only takes you one day or less to get everything done and get the medical form,
i dont wanna waste more time on simple things like that.

akoika

May 29, 2013
I had a similar situation. First of all, are you sure it was an UMI, and not a UCI?

We had to redo the medicals, and the center also did not give us any receipts, just the one for the payment. We were having doubts whether the doctor knew what he was doing, turns out it was all fine. The London Medical Office took about 1 month to process the results, while the doctor himself send the results in less than a week to London.

By the way, is this the first time you are doing the medicals for this specific application, or are you doing a remedical? If it's reexamination, then CIC must have send you a filled up form.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
akoika said:
I had a similar situation. First of all, are you sure it was an UMI, and not a UCI?

We had to redo the medicals, and the center also did not give us any receipts, just the one for the payment. We were having doubts whether the doctor knew what he was doing, turns out it was all fine. The London Medical Office took about 1 month to process the results, while the doctor himself send the results in less than a week to London.

By the way, is this the first time you are doing the medicals for this specific application, or are you doing a remedical? If it's reexamination, then CIC must have send you a filled up form.
it's a UMI,not a UCI,,,im more than sure
i have done the first medical on 2010,but the application got lost,so the CIC didn't have it,,,but they received my medical results,
now we are submitting a new application,and the lawyer told me to get a new medical.

akoika

May 29, 2013
Is there a special list of documents that you need to submit for your regions? I know every regions has special documents, for eastern Europe the receipt of a medical is given in that regional document, all your doctor needs to do is fill it by hand. Mind you, this was back in 2012 (I know, a whole year ago) when we submitted the app. I know with e-medicals now everything turned around...