+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

sky1411

Jan 15, 2015
Tga

Tga Iloilo po ako sis.. hanggang ngayon processing prin po nung friday lng po sila ng mail about sa pre arrival..
Hi Taga iloilo din Ako.. what's your timeline? Oct 2017 applicant ako.. so far no pre arrival letter. Med passed palng said Ecas..

sky1411

Jan 15, 2015
Hi! October applicant po ko. Ask lang ano po ang difference between pdos and gcp(aside from spouse is naturalized and the former is for PR spouses ? May difference ba sa dini-discuss nila? And curious Lang, for those with citizen spouses, sticker Lang ba ang nilalagay sa passport? Or May visa talaga?

Sia112328

Jan 21, 2018
Lapit n din yan sis.
Lapit n din yan sis.
Hi po, ask ko lang po
Kelan kayo nagsubmit ng application? Na i link mo naba application mo sa online account? Yung nabasa mo ba sa ECAS is something like below

We sent you correspondence on December 4, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
hello po,
Sept. 19, 2017 application submitted.
Dec.7, 2017 My application was forwarded in MVO . And my last req. was the shed. A at nkapag submit po ako last week of nov. 2017. Yes po I tried to link my application online pero ayaw po ehh.. application not found yung nag appear. At yung sa Ecas nmn po ay gnyan n gnyan po. Thanks po!

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Hello everyone. First post ko po dito. :)

Newlywed po kami ng misis ko sa pinas and hinihintay namin yung marriage certificate for various reasons. First is para maisama sa application package. Second is para sa pagkuha ng NBI Clearance. Third is for passport renewal and so on. Ako po yung PR sa Canada (Sponsor) tapos ang misis ko naman ang Applicant s Pinas. May several questions lang po sana ako sainyo.

1. Is it better for her to change her last name to follow mine before we submit our application OR should we submit our application then send a follow-up document containing a copy of the new passport OR should we just do the name change once she gets here in Canada?

2. For NBI Clearance, are cedula, barangay and police clearances required? The appointment software also accepted her marital status as Married, but it’s keeping her maiden name as her last name. Is that something we should be worried about?

3. We might be expecting a baby that is 2 weeks old at the moment, and with all the requirements needed, we might not be able to submit our application until 3 or 5 weeks from now. What is our best course of action regarding this? Should we inform IRCC right away or only when the child is born? Will that delay our PR application?
Thank you so much in advance!!
  1. Is it better for her to change her last name to follow mine before we submit our application OR should we submit our application then send a follow-up document containing a copy of the new passport OR should we just do the name change once she gets here in Canada? She can keep her maiden name and later on, you can update your application. Fully booked na daw ang DFA gang March, better mag send na kayo ng app then update na lang si CIC or MVO pag meron na yung bagong passport. If citizen ka na ngayon, need ng wife mo mag-GCP sa CFO to get her passport changed to her married name.

2. For NBI Clearance, are cedula, barangay and police clearances required? The appointment software also accepted her marital status as Married, but it’s keeping her maiden name as her last name. Is that something we should be worried about? NBI lang needed. It does not matter kung maiden name nakalagay dun a slong as yung status nya married, kasi meron part dun na naka-state yung married last name nya.

3. We might be expecting a baby that is 2 weeks old at the moment, and with all the requirements needed, we might not be able to submit our application until 3 or 5 weeks from now. What is our best course of action regarding this? Should we inform IRCC right away or only when the child is born? Will that delay our PR application? you could inform CIC right away, include a copy of the ultrasound confirming that your wife is pregnant or you can let them know pag nanganak na sya.. may mga forms silang papa-fill out pag may baby na..pa check na lang po sa CIC kasi hindi ako familiar sa form, additional family member ata at birth cert ang kailangan. Either way, hindi makakadelay sa app.

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Patulong po sana . Nakapag asawa po ko foreigner approved na po . Nalilito lng po ako kung kelangan attendan ko po ba cfo at pdos?
Need nyo po ng GCP sa CFO. Schedule na po kayo, then after ng GCP (half day lang), provide your passport and COPR to them, tapos lagyan nila sticker yung passport. 400.00 yung fee. Lifetime yung GCP certificate.

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Hi! October applicant po ko. Ask lang ano po ang difference between pdos and gcp(aside from spouse is naturalized and the former is for PR spouses ? May difference ba sa dini-discuss nila? And curious Lang, for those with citizen spouses, sticker Lang ba ang nilalagay sa passport? Or May visa talaga?
dinidiscuss nila sa GCP yung rights mo as spouses and provide you info on where you can seek help. Also, they will issue a certificate na parang nag-aapprove sayo and sa spouse mo na legit kayo, preventing any chances of human trafficking or mail order brides. The same cert you can use if you need to update your passport to your married name.

Yung PDOS po purely about what you need to knwo before you depart...like what to bring, what not to bring, etc. These things will also be discussed sa GCP.

GCP can be done anytime, but appointment is needed. PDOS can only be done once may visa na. Kung tapos na GCP at ginawa prior to receipt of visa, balik na lang po kayo sa CFO pag visa on hand na for the sticker.

Reactions: sky1411

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018

sky1411

Jan 15, 2015
dinidiscuss nila sa GCP yung rights mo as spouses and provide you info on where you can seek help. Also, they will issue a certificate na parang nag-aapprove sayo and sa spouse mo na legit kayo, preventing any chances of human trafficking or mail order brides. The same cert you can use if you need to update your passport to your married name.

Yung PDOS po purely about what you need to knwo before you depart...like what to bring, what not to bring, etc. These things will also be discussed sa GCP.

GCP can be done anytime, but appointment is needed. PDOS can only be done once may visa na. Kung tapos na GCP at ginawa prior to receipt of visa, balik na lang po kayo sa CFO pag visa on hand na for the sticker.
Thanks po sa pag explain. Really helpful. God bless!

Reactions: Belgiandank

j0829

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-28-2017
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
File Transfer...
15-07-2017
Med's Request
07-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-07-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
Hello po, I just submitted my passport in vfs makati today. How long usually po para ma return yung stamped passport? Thank you

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Hello po, I just submitted my passport in vfs makati today. How long usually po para ma return yung stamped passport? Thank you
normally after 3 business days. Today's Tuesday, usually ready na yan for pick up by Friday. If you want, on Friday morning, go to vfsglobal.ca, and click "Chat Support". provide your tracking number and ask the chat support if ready na for pick up yung passport mo. hindi kasi real time yung text and email update nila (at least for me and for some other people)