Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hi all,
I heared from one of the lawyers i have been in touch with that a new list of occupations should be coming up soon. Has anybody heared anything about this or have any further information about it?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Moe

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless there is a official press release or an update on website, I do not think that folks from this forum can comment on your question

To me personally it will sound as rumour. How can someone predict the future?

Stop worrying. Wish you all the best with your immigration process

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Thank you for your reply.

The lawyer did not seem to be predicting. Her logic was that they wanted to review the list of occupations required in Canada as a result of the recession. Additionally, they are reviewing the titles and descriptions of the jobs based on the feed back of the lawyers.

i heared that a new list will come up from 2 lawyers in the UAE and i do hope it's not a rumor. I am an IT Risk Management consultant and i am yet not eligible to apply because i am not an IT manager; even though Risk Management and IT auditing is booming because of the recession and it's needed everywhere!

i really hope it's not a rumor!

Moe

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh man...What do u think about University lecturer?????? will it stay in the NOC???/

if they announce a new NOC,will that affect the previous application before the list renewal??

Singhsaab

Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug'2009
Doc's Request.
29'Sep'2009
AOR Received.
28'Sep'2009
Med's Request
22'Jan'2010
Med's Done....
3 Feb'2010
Interview........
Waive off
Passport Req..
22 Jan'2010
VISA ISSUED...
15'March'2010
LANDED..........
02May 2010
Louay said:
Oh man...What do u think about University lecturer?????? will it stay in the NOC???/

if they announce a new NOC,will that affect the previous application before the list renewal??
As you had already applied your case, so that will not put any effect on your case, so be relaxed.

Moreover the market of rumor is very hot these days

Regards

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
new list will come up from 2 lawyers in the UAE ???
why lawyers? and why UAE?

Singhsaab

Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug'2009
Doc's Request.
29'Sep'2009
AOR Received.
28'Sep'2009
Med's Request
22'Jan'2010
Med's Done....
3 Feb'2010
Interview........
Waive off
Passport Req..
22 Jan'2010
VISA ISSUED...
15'March'2010
LANDED..........
02May 2010
kris905 said:
Good one

yhya_kuraz

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
If there is new list, in my opinion it will be include more NOCs than previous one

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
As far as news and new occupations list is concerned, i will only believe when i see an official news from the canadian government or canadian consulate, so if anyone were to believe in any dan lawyer, just because they mentioned such stuff, then he or she must be out of his mind! never trust anything or anyone until its official news, especially with such major news!

Q

Qaxlor

kris905 said:
Seconded, this makes no sense whatsoever and seems like just rumor mongering. IF they were to change the list, it would be informed purely by the governement and their needs. They don't seem to care what the lawyers inside Canada think, why would they be asking people who make money getting people in?

To the OP, keep in mind too that if you are hearing this from a lawyer, they are not making any money until you engage them to represent you, it's in their interests to convince you that NOW is the time to apply. Granted, the rules CAN change at any time, but take with a grain of salt what you hear from someone who profits by your applying. Also, I would be skeptical of a lawyer outright telling you they have inside information that something is going to change, it sounds shady. Most lawyers WILL tell you that anything can change at any time and that's true, but if they are using scare tactics to get you to sign with them, I would look elsewhere.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Kris, the lawyers (immigration consultants) are just based in the UAE, that doesn't mean that the rule will apply only to UAE. sorry for the confusion.

Qaxlor, totally agree with you. And thats why i am not signing with any lawyers until i see the official news on the CIC website. in fact, i contacted lawyers just to get a second opinion about my case, nothing more nothing less. once i am eligible, i'll defiantly apply my self.

Yahya, thats what the lawyer said, is that they are expecting the list to have more Nocs.

All, to make it clear, until it's officially announced, its still a rumor! And i just hope that it's not!

The whole objective of my post is just to see if anybody has any reliable information about this; didn't mean to spread rumors or confuse anybody.

Good luck to you all in your immigration process.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Personally I dont see anything soon, This site will show you a good deal of Canadian Economical data.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/Unemployment-Rate.aspx?Symbol=CAD

Only Experienced economists can say at what point Canada decides what.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
According the information below the NOC list will be revised in 2011. Cant really say what might happen, its from a relevant source though.

NOC 2011 Revision Information Bulletin

In preparation for the NOC 2011 version, current NOC research priorities involve aligning Statistics Canada's NOC-S system with the NOC coding framework and adapting the NOC to reflect the significant structural changes in the Canadian labour market since 2001. The purpose of "NOC 2011 Revision Information Bulletin" is to keep NOC users informed of the progress and major decisions taken throughout the revision process.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/NewNOC.aspx

Mirza.

S

shibuya

MOE,
most of all the great folks on this wonderful forum are already filed members in immigration. If new list is coming up it is only a reason of worry for those who have not applied yet.
All those who have a file number are not at all affected by whatsoever changes takes place.
So if u have not yet applied keep ur risk management aside and do not waste time as by the time u apply the new rules could be in force.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MSMirza said:
According the information below the NOC list will be revised in 2011. Cant really say what might happen, its from a relevant source though.

NOC 2011 Revision Information Bulletin

In preparation for the NOC 2011 version, current NOC research priorities involve aligning Statistics Canada's NOC-S system with the NOC coding framework and adapting the NOC to reflect the significant structural changes in the Canadian labour market since 2001. The purpose of "NOC 2011 Revision Information Bulletin" is to keep NOC users informed of the progress and major decisions taken throughout the revision process.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/NewNOC.aspx

Mirza.
This is for the revision of the NOC definitions has nothing to do with the list of "38"

PMM