+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Our timeline are similar. My older application was on Aug 20, newer application on Sept 8. What are your intended travel dates!
Hi,
I just received the correspondence letter. visa is not approved yet.
I read that correspondence letter means could be refusal or approval.
Can’t tell at this point

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi,
I just received the correspondence letter. visa is not approved yet.
I read that correspondence letter means could be refusal or approval.
Can’t tell at this point
For the visitor visa, many applicants who have received PPR haven't mentioned about Biometrics Correspondence Letter in their timelines. By the way, your review of eligibility shifting to we are reviewing is a great thing. So cheer up. Good luck.

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
For the visitor visa, many applicants who have received PPR haven't mentioned about Biometrics Correspondence Letter in their timelines. By the way, your review of eligibility shifting to we are reviewing is a great thing. So cheer up. Good luck.
Thank you

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Did u Reapplied using the same gic account?? Whether biometric already done will be automatically link to new application?

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Did u Reapplied using the same gic account?? Whether biometric already done will be automatically link to new application?
I applied using same Gic account. Currently it’s showing both the application in my portal.
I am not sure about the biometric link thing

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
I applied using same Gic account. Currently it’s showing both the application in my portal.
I am not sure about the biometric link thing
Did your biometric updated in new application?? Did u pay any fees for the new application??

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Did your biometric updated in new application?? Did u pay any fees for the new application??
While answering questionnaire, I mentioned that I provided biometrics in last 10 yrs ( which I gave for my spousal PR) so I never received an option to pay for biometrics
After applying , I received submission confirmation and then all the regular details and then my biometrics details
showed in my application

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
While answering questionnaire, I mentioned that I provided biometrics in last 10 yrs ( which I gave for my spousal PR) so I never received an option to pay for biometrics
After applying , I received submission confirmation and then all the regular details and then my biometrics details
showed in my application
Excluding biometric Did u pay any fees for re-application? Because they are saying they won't refund for the old application..
Myself applied for sowp in feb 2021 but didn't get any update.. So I also thought of re- applying..

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Excluding biometric Did u pay any fees for re-application? Because they are saying they won't refund for the old application..
Myself applied for sowp in feb 2021 but didn't get any update.. So I also thought of re- applying..
I paid the usual fee for visitor visa.. ya not sure about the refund.

taneja

May 12, 2021
Hi All,

I'm genuinely in need of advice. I applied for TRV on 14th May, 2012 and my place of Canadian Office is Jamaica, Kingston.

I've not heard any update on my application since then. Now with the new update of applying for a new TRV request for those of who have filed before 7th September, I would like to know if I should file a new TRV.

My wife(PR) is expecting and when I applied for a TRV she was living with me in a third country and therefore I choose purpose of Visit as

I choose my purpose of VISIT as OTHERS and in the description I wrote 'To accompany my wife in delivering our first child'.

My wife has reached Canada and therefore living in Canada and I would like to be with her.

Should I file a new TRV application as my status has changed and I should choose option '
  • to be reunited with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or a permanent resident of Canada
Processing time for Jamaica is 183 days and if normal processing time is taken it would be November 22nd before I can hear from embassy.

I'm afraid if I file a New TRV and if they still take 183 days I will not be able to join my wife during her delivery as we're due in December.

Will it be advised to file a new application or submit a web form to seek their attention for my case.

Any advise/experience will be helpful.

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Thanks a lot! I already resubmitted my application and put the old application number in the client information.. I hope they see it!
Hi did you get another biometrics request for the new application? Did you submit biometrics the first time you submitted the application??

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Hi, i resubmitted a new application on Sep 9th but did not get biometrics instructions yet, how long did it take for you to get it after your new application submission? When i first applied on Sep 4th, i got biometrics instructions just within 24hrs.