+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

swa123

May 20, 2015
Any one who applied through GC Portal receive any response or updates? When I go through the website and select my condition, it is asking me to submit through the portal.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Visitor visa application for my mother.
Timeline
1st Application: February 15, 2021
Biometrics: August 9, 2021
Webform raised: August 30, 2021
Webform response: September 10, 2021
2nd Application submitted through GC key: September 17th, 2021

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for posting this. I'm glad they updated the site. The details on reapplying were so confusing. I hope they are prioritizing those who applied before September 7 with a covid exemption.

Fingers crossed for news soon!
How to inform case agent about COVID Exemption? Should I use the webform?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hi ALL,
The new update is so much confusing. I applied visitor visa for my sister on August 7th 2021. She doesn't require biometric. I submitted form 0006, "Application for authorization and statutory declaration" with her application.

I received the following information letter on August 27th:
Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times

The new update says "If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption, You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again."
I wonder what the above RED part of the new update means. In my sister's case, does submitting Form 0006 mean that my sister already told

them that she qualify for a COVID-19 exemption?
Thanks
What does the red sentence mean? Please let me know how to inform or qualify for COVID 19 Exemption. I applied for spouse TRV in June 2021 and completed biometric in August 2021

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
No, you should have mentioned it in the application form IMM 5257e. Underpurpose of travel "Other" accompanied by "COVID-19"
Please, what should I do if I did not mention "other" and "COVID19" during my application? Can I update IMM 5257 E PDF and send them through webform or should I submit a new application using the new portal?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Instructions from IRCC state for visitor visa no need to reapply if applicant already told them that they qualify for COVID-19 exemption.

Question - Where was applicant supposed to inform this ? There was no option on the IMM form. I applied for my parent's visa in April 2021, Biometrics completed around August 1st week, today I have raised webform, attached their covid-19 vaccination proof.

Hope for the best
Hi, were you able to resolve this? How did you inform about the exemption? I did not choose the option as well and now not sure if I should send an updated IMM form or resubmit the application? Please let me know your experience.

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
can anyone explain how we were supposed to tell them "you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption"?
I selected "family visit" in 5257E purpose of travel
I did the same. Is this correct or should I resubmit the IMM 5257 E form or resubmit a fresh application?

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
yeah there were some new document I added and the first application the reason I mentioned Other and COVID-19 but since the second application was through portal that form were not required.
1) How do I inform CIC about COVID exemption?
2)Also, I did not specify "Other" "COVID 19" in my spouse purpose of visit in the IMM 5257 E form. In this case should I resubmit the 5257E PDF with "Other" and "Covid 19" or provide a fresh application?

jaideep1990

Sep 16, 2021
Hi Jaideep,

I applied for my mother's visitor visa application for second time today through gc. She already had her biometrics done for previous application.
It is not showing biometrics information yet on my mother's application. When did biometrics get updated on your second visa application?
I believe my mom’s biometrics appeared 2 days after application submission.

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Visitor visa application for my mother.
Timeline
1st Application: February 15, 2021
Biometrics: August 9, 2021
Webform raised: August 30, 2021
Webform response: September 10, 2021
2nd Application submitted through GC key: September 17th, 2021
Please post if you get update