Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
I apologize in advance if this isn't the right thread for this question. If that's the case, please direct me to the appropriate thread.

I am an Indian Citizen and Canadian Permanent Resident. My passport expired in April and I sent an application for a new Passport to VFS Vancouver. Today I received a letter from CGI-Vancouver stating that:

"It is observed that your above-mentioned passport contains Canadian visa issued by the Canadian Consulate located at Buffalo. However, there is no American Visa in the passport. Under the provisions contained in the Govt. of India Passport Act...blah blah blah .. sending of Indian Passports out of a country is violation of the act".

They are referring to my Post Graduation Work Permit and Visa issued at Buffalo, when I had applied for it back in 2006. I had sent my application to CPC Vegreville. Wasn't it normal procedure back then in 2006? I believe it still is.. isn't it? I had sent my passport to Vegreville and not to Buffalo. I have never been to the United States, nor do I have any kind of American Visa.

Is anybody else in this situation? What should I do? I wrote an email and sent a scanned copy of this letter to CGI-Vancouver and also to VFS Vancouver through which I applied to get a new Indian Passport. I guess I should wait for their reply, but getting a bit anxious and see if anybody here has any ideas on what to do.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
nakash said:
[......]
"It is observed that your above-mentioned passport contains Canadian visa issued by the Canadian Consulate located at Buffalo. However, there is no American Visa in the passport. Under the provisions contained in the Govt. of India Passport Act...blah blah blah .. sending of Indian Passports out of a country is violation of the act".
[.....]
it is illegal to send the indian passport out of your country of residence..... since you have done that in the past it seems that they have now traced it

well can you share the entire content of the letter ...... yes the blah blah stuff and what they want you to do about it?

KA1

Nov 7, 2012
Hi,

I am facing the same problem as nakash. Can you please tell how you went about solving this issue with Consulate General of India. I have been asked to reply within 10 days.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

bha

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 7, 2012
Doc's Request.
Oct 04, 2013
Nomination.....
April 17, 2012
AOR Received.
June 26 2012
File Transfer...
RPRF 17th June 2013
Med's Request
June 26 2012
Med's Done....
July 7 2012
Interview........
In Process 4th Nov 2013
Passport Req..
Jan 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 04 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 9 2014
Call them on (604)-662-4643 and explain the situation so he or she will help you for next step.........and please please end of it share with us on this page...........god bless you.